Local Talk

Looking for mammies to meet up with!

(10 Posts)
McGill Tue 06-Jan-09 22:20:27

Hello fellow Fifers, my name is Rachel and I moved from Glasgow in the summer. I have an 18month old and am currently pregnant with no.2. Go on a pram walk and to mother and toddler group and all mums have been lovely but not quite got to the point yet of randomly meeting for coffees on free afternoons....saw that some of you had planned to meet late last year - just wondering if that is a regular thing and if so..can I invite myself along? Thanks!

Hi McGill, how far along are you with no.2? my dd1 is 16mo and I only have 4 weeks to go till ds arrives!
I don't know if any meet up has ever actually happened! Lets get proactive and have a coffee even if its just us!
oh yeah, I'm Rachel too and never have any daily activities planned more than 24 hours in advance so you could name the day!

McGill Wed 07-Jan-09 11:27:10

Hi Rachel - lovely to hear from you! Wow - you really don't have long to go! I am only 18 weeks so still a wee while...anyway, fancy coffee next wednesday afternoon? Not sure where best to meet but defo somewhere the wee ones can run around and play together...hopefully! Few ideas - crooked glen or play planet? If you have anywhere in mind let me know. Looking forward to it.

I've got an appointment with my midwife at 2 which shouldnt last long, so three o'clock? I've never been to play planet before so you can pick which is best!

McGill Sun 11-Jan-09 19:09:07

HI Rachel sorry for delay in reply. Crooked glen might be best as always find it a bit easier keeping an eye on him if trying to sit and have a conversation as it's much smaller. Do you know where it is? 3 is perfect. And any other mums reading this are welcome to join us!

McGill Wed 14-Jan-09 10:51:09

HI Ruth, will be at crooked glen at 3 today - hope to see you there but no worries if not! Hope your midwife appointment goes well.

Hiya Rachel, was a wee bit late yesterday and didn't find you. Just realised there are two in dunfermline! were you at the one along from asda or the one by the cinema!?

McGill Wed 21-Jan-09 21:05:11

Oh dear...I am sorry! I went to the one at the cinema...but my son finally fell asleep on the drive there after being a big grump all day so I stayed in the car and kept a look out for ladies that looked like your pic on here going in but obviously wasn't observant enough or you went to the other one! I had kinda assumed you hadn't been able to come hence why I didn't attempt waking him....so sorry for mess up! Not sure if you want to attempt again before the big birth as it must be looming closer and closer but let me know and we can be more organised this time!

ChestyLaRue Sat 24-Jan-09 22:00:28

Hi Rachels!

I'm Steph and am 19wks with DC4. Have 2 DD's (7 and 4) and a DS (2). I'm originally from Edinburgh and still don't really know many people in Dunfermline and am around to meet up most days! smile

McGill Thu 29-Jan-09 19:45:02

hi steph,
My god you must be busy with that brood! Would be lovely to meet. wednesdays suit about 3ish? when and where would you like to meet? Rach x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now