Local Talk

New mummy looking for other new mums!

(4 Posts)
lucytodd Tue 18-Sep-12 21:03:27

Hello. I've moved to Durham from London and have a 3 week old little boy. I'm hoping to meet some other new mums who fancy meeting up for coffee, cake and a natter. Does anyone fancy meeting up or know of any groups of mums that meet regularly?

StormGlass Tue 18-Sep-12 23:46:44

The NCT have a bumps and babies group on Tuesdays, 10 - 12am, at St Cuthberts Church, North End (opposite the DLI museum).
You don't need to be an NCT member to go and it's aimed at mums of little pre-mobile babies, so that would be a good one for you to check out.

Also, if you're on Facebook, there's an active Mums in Durham group, you should be able to get more info on groups or meet-ups with local mums on there. It's a closed group, so you'll need to search for "Mums in Durham" and request to join before posting on there or seeing any posts.

OohTrifle Tue 20-Nov-12 10:05:49

Hi Lucy, I'm a London refugee too (but a little further south in Darlington). What a big move with a new addition! I have two boys - 9mths and 2yrs and do love a natter with some cake. So if you'd ever like to meet up (Durham/Darlo/somewhere in btwn) that would be lovely.

BadPoemWriter Tue 27-Nov-12 22:13:57

Hi Lucy, are you still looking for people to meet up with? I live just outside Durham and have a baby girl a few weeks older than yours (plus a five year old).

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now