Local Talk

nurseries in W13

(20 Posts)
serious1 Tue 18-Jan-11 20:26:08

hi am looking for advice and recomodations on any nurseries in w13(northfields), have looked at i play and learn but would like more info if poss and/or recomomdations on other nurseries in ealing locality. feel free to private message me if you dont want to post on a public forun, thank you very much

PipPipPip Fri 21-Jan-11 14:27:28

Hi serious1, I'm also looking for advice on good nurseries in the same area! Especially past-time places for babies aged 3 months and upwards.

I'm looking at West Ealing Baby Nursery on Monday, which is run by Happy Child. Would love to know if anyone has had experience with them before.

serious1 Fri 21-Jan-11 18:15:17

same here but noone is getting back to me

Feb2010 Sun 20-Feb-11 08:40:54

I went to visit Happy Child recently and was disappointed - there didn't seem to be many toys, the setting was dull, and i heard one of the carers giving out to the children quite a few times If anyone can recommend any of the nurseries in Northfields (I've heard only about Happy Child, Little Angels and Corner House) please message me - I need to find a space for May/June. Alternatively, if you know of a childminder that would be great too - I just want a happy environment for my happy 1 year old.

2cats2many Sun 20-Feb-11 08:43:55

Jumpers nursey at the YMCA on St Mary's Road has a good reputation. It's not Northfields, but isn't too far away.

bovine Thu 24-Feb-11 09:41:23

Buttons Day Nursery on Oaklands Rd W13 has its plus points. It's worth a visit.

serious1 Thu 24-Feb-11 16:38:58

ok thanks for that but wasnt that the one with problems on undercover nursery prog, also cant find up dated inspection report on this

monast Mon 14-Nov-11 13:30:47

Don't know if too late but I agree Buttons in Hanwell is really good, wouldnt believe everything you see on the TV. They also just had an Inspection so it should be on their website or Ofsteds. Definately worth a visit.

wlymca Thu 12-Jan-12 17:04:40

Ofsted said about Jumpers! Nursery in 2011: "The warm and friendly staff team recognise each child is unique" Here's a link to the full report: www.ofsted.gov.uk/inspection-reports/find-inspection-report/provider/CARE/160175
Note that the telephone numbers have changed so check out the website: www.westlondonymca.org/what_we_do/Programme/nursery.htm

seriousone Thu 12-Jan-12 22:38:45

wondering what happened to i play and learn,anyone know the reason it closed

KindermusikWithAnita Wed 25-Jan-12 14:10:08

Hi, we visited Ark of Noah bilingual nursery close to Drayton Green and loved the teachers. I didn`t sign up my little one there because it would have been too far to drop and pick her up on a daily basis (we live at Gunnesbury park). But as a parent I had a confidence in the teachers. Hope, you will find the right nursery for your little one.

denmarkmummy Wed 14-Mar-12 22:13:54

my daughter goes to both Ark of Noah and Children's Corner on Hastings Road. I'd recommend both, but Ark Of Noah closes during the school hols and is from 0845-1515 only.

Simonalala Fri 16-Mar-12 22:15:49

Message deleted by Mumsnet.

ppar Sun 18-Mar-12 07:38:37

The Bunny Park Nursery in Hanwell is very nice and friendly. Its got outstanding ratings from Ofsted. Not quite Northfields, but may suit?

ADME Sat 14-Apr-12 22:41:53

Hi, I know one I can't recommend - IPlay&Learn in Northfields. My son was involved in a horrendous incident at this nursery in January, and since then Ofsted have been in to investigate them and unearthed a magnitude of failings. read my post: www.mumsnet.com/Talk/nurseries/1441982-Nursery-failings-led-to-horrendous-incidient-involving-my-DS

Ealinglg Wed 01-Aug-12 20:28:41

I went to look at corner house nursery - which looks lovely but at nearly £90 a day (for part time, 3 days a week) this is not an option for us! Aparently there are no spaces anyway :-( , no spaces at jumpers! either. Our LO is nearly 2 and therefore a space seems pretty much like gold dust. Thanks for the heads up about iplayandlearn though as this was next on our list (if it is still open). I have managed to find a really lovely childminder and much more affordable than all the nurseries so far... I never thought that this would be so hard work.

eversomuch Tue 16-Oct-12 21:59:58

We have just moved to the area and I'm starting to visit nurseries to find a place for DD. Does anyone have any experience with the new Playhouse Day Nursery in Elthorne Park Road? How about Little Angels?

green1976 Tue 23-Oct-12 18:28:43

I don't know if it helps but my DS has been going to Buttons in Hanwell for a while now. Can highly recommend it, very friendly & accomodating, he also has some speech problems and they're doing all they can to help him develop whilst he's at nursery. I also looked at Corner House and put my DS name on waiting list when I was pregnant. 10 months later there still wasn't a place (wanted 3 days a week) but was told if thought about doing 4-5 days then might be able to find a place, not so helpful!!!

Would be interested to know about Playhouse too, as want to enrol my 11 month old twins somewhere that does morning/afternoon play sessions from when they're 2. Know that St Paul's on Ridley Ave do this but wondered about Playhouse too? Unfortunately it will be too expensive to put all 3 kids in nursery at same time!!

Samyia Tue 19-Feb-13 02:47:50

When Chosing a Nursery for your Child make sure the Owner /Manager is Qualified this will lead to staff being qualified and that they are aware of all
the latest changes in Childcare.
Check what experience the Owner/Manager has and policy and procedures of the nursery etc.
Visit the Nursery at different times just to make yourself comfortable see what .Most nurseries will welcome this.
Check if they have other branches and how well they have been established.
Most Nurseries provide good Childcare.Well its not the Nursery but the People that run them running them bad.
Thats my experience hope its helpfull.

LD81 Wed 20-Feb-13 11:45:59

When I started looking for nurseries I found that I was told good and bad about all nurseries! I was totally confused! So I went myself to see the nurseries and make my own mind up then I knew I only had myself to blame if you like, if I ended up not unhappy with it. I ended up choosing one that my close friend hadn't liked! I had a very different experience to her and loved every minute of my two children going there. Yes sometimes things do go wrong but that happens in all nurseries from what I hear. Also remember some mums like to moan because it makes them feel better about going to work! Best to get the list from family information (i think it's called that) and put a couple of days aside to go visiting. Good luck!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now