Local Talk

Schools in Greenford area

(8 Posts)
Marina27 Wed 03-Aug-11 21:43:34

My daughter is due to start school in September 2012 and as we live in Greenford would like her to go to a local school thinking Stanhope or Costons.

Anyone with children got a review of either of these schools?

If it helps my daughter may need some additional help as she was born early and is still catching up.

Thanks
Michelle

BlueNails Tue 29-Nov-11 14:05:03

Sorry, I don't know anything about those two but my friends kids went and go to Edward Betham (sp?) and would recommend it to anyone who will listen

Pintofthebest Thu 01-Dec-11 15:21:56

My two children goes to Stanhope. The school is friendly and has a very mixed and diverse school population/ Headteacher changed last year and he seems to be more disciplined (good thing) and now implementing back to basic measures to ensure children has a good grasp of maths and english (good thing).

Quality of teaching varies, it has a breakfast and afterschool club.

Overall, would recommend it.

Mumtoprem Thu 08-Dec-11 20:51:07

Thanks both for your replies. Edward Betham is no good for us as we are not Church-goers. Going to visit Stanhope but now thinking Mayfield might be better for our daughter (smaller).

Any recommendations for children with special educational needs in the Greenford/Hanwell area?

Mumtoprem Thu 08-Dec-11 20:51:38

Oh and I forgot to add changed my username as never could remember it!

meditation Thu 07-Jun-12 16:03:21

Edward Betham school in Greenford, Does anyone have any information about this school, just got a place for my little one . Hoping she can get a really good start (with the help of tutors) and move on to a private school perhaps a scholarship. Parents say its a good school but what does "good" mean, order, structure, good teaching techniques, !!!! Also does anyone know if the 2month/2 week settling in is ESSENTIAL

Changebagsandgladrags Fri 31-Aug-12 22:58:24

Edward Betham school has a fantastic reputation. It's consistently in the top primary schools in the Ealing league tables (but I think they only measure state?)

But perhaps not good enough for your daughter though. Why not send her private from the beginning? That way she would not have to mix with dullards at all (well maybe just rich ones)

Settling in normally recommended, yes.

fromparistoberlin Fri 01-Mar-13 12:00:51

Bethams are good (I went there!) but C of E

Brentside are (IMO) amazing , same area as Mayfield. Ofsted outstanding too

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now