Local Talk

plane noise in west ealing

(8 Posts)
halfgreek Sun 06-Nov-11 20:35:43

Hello, we're about to move to west ealing (west of northfield ave and south of uxbridge road) and I keep having nightmares about the plane noise and wondering if I'm making a big mistake! I have visited the area loads and sometimes I hear and see these huge jets taking off right above my head...I need reassurance (or not??) From people who live in the area. I would die if I got woken up by planes (instead of children!) ...
Can anyone help?
Thanks!

PMDiddy Sun 06-Nov-11 21:31:24

Hello there, the plane noise is quite loud, like you have to turn the tv up when they're flying over but they've never woken us up, they seem to quiten down between 11pm & 7am. Also the flight paths often change so you won't hear an aeroplane for days at a time then they start up again. Hope this helps

halfgreek Tue 08-Nov-11 16:17:52

Thanks for your reply, I think i'll only know once I live there, you can speculate as much as you like can't you? It's such a lovely area though...

mayadee Wed 13-Mar-13 10:37:49

Hi Halfgreek,
We are about to move to Ealing and registered our baby in a nursery there. Then when I was visiting one appartment I saw and heard th eplanes one after the other and we were horrified my husband and myself so we cancelled our move. I cancelled today my baby's registration at her nursery and I told them I needed more time to think about my move to Ealing.
Do you live in Ealing now? Please tell me if you hear the planes, or if it is not that bad..
Or annyone who lives in the borough can help me I will be ber very thankful!
Thanks to all

DialsMavis Wed 13-Mar-13 15:19:25

I live in Northfields and the plane noise is only annoying for a few days every few weeks when the flight paths changes HTH

homemadepesto Wed 13-Mar-13 23:16:27

we live near ealing broadway and i don't hear them. i am a light sleeper. i wake up if the little one coughs

eversoW13 Sat 16-Mar-13 14:13:33

I agree with * DialsMavis*. They only fly over for a few days a month usually. Sometimes very loud, but not usually deafening. I notice them most between 6pm and 11pm and if I hear them in the morning, it's not before 6:30. We were a little concerned when we first heard them after movning here -- wondered if we'd stay. Now, tbh, we're used to it (after only 5 months) and the area is so lovely we're not planning to leave anytime soon.

PipPipPip Fri 07-Jun-13 00:02:22

They fly over constantly, but we're used to them! No problem. Toddler daughter says "issa plane!" about 482 times a day, though.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now