Local Talk

Help! New friends needed!

(7 Posts)
squeezesomecheese Thu 17-Jan-13 19:29:31

I just moved to Northfields/South Ealing area last week and no know one here, help! I have a 3 and a half year old little boy (who just started at a school nursery) and a 11 month old baby girl. I would love to meet up for a cup of tea/toy raid/plunder ideas of things to do around here. I am fairly normal and mainly nice!

MayasPapaya Sun 27-Jan-13 21:21:06

Hi Squeeze, welcome to Ealing! Can I suggest you take a look at the Ealing 135 Group, it's a local social network for family with kids under 5. We're a friendly bunch who organise coffee mornings, park meet-ups, playgroups and evening things for parents like curry nights, have a look at www.ealing135.org.uk or at our Facebook page: search for Ealing 135.

IJ2013 Fri 08-Feb-13 16:03:49

Hi Squeeze, not sure how you're doing on the friend front, but I'm up for meeting! Am fairly new to Northfields too, and have a 13 mo boy.

wobblebear Sun 10-Feb-13 22:31:39

There are playgroups every day somewhere in Ealing if you look.
My DC's are older now but pop into the Log cabin next to Northfields tube station. There is a children's centre in here and they do stay and play there several mornings a week. They should be able to direct you to other activities too. The libraries do a story and song time once a week - again there is a library next to the tube station at Northfields.
St John's church on Mattock lane has toddler mornings in the basement with songs and rhymes too, and there are baby gymnastics classes in the hall upstairs at other times in the week - look up Twisters.
St James church behind Sainsbury's in west Ealing runs a playgroup on a Monday morning.
Also I would second Ealing135 as they have lots of activities too.

Good luck!

squeezesomecheese Thu 28-Feb-13 22:10:18

I have joined 135, but it is still hard to meet people! I have been to playgroups, the library, the children's centre, but it is easier said than done to make friends. Everyone I meet here always just says, 'join 135', so thanks very much to IJ2013! Hurrah! I will be in touch.

UptoapointLordCopper Sun 03-Mar-13 11:12:25

I'm whispering so no one hears me: << whisper >> I made a few new friends from << even softer whisper >> Netmums. grin

Lazzer Thu 07-Mar-13 10:56:22

Hi Squeeze!
I moved to Boston Manor/Northfields just over a year ago. Have a 3.5 yr old and just 12 month old so that's a good match for the little ones! My eldest is at Little Ealing nursery school PM's (started there last November) is that where your boy is too??
I've only made about 3 good local friends (from the Ealing 135 second time mums group actually)! Would you like to meet up some time...? I'm having a few of them over for coffee tomorrow morning (I work Mondays to Thursdays sadly) but you're welcome to come along too with your little one(s)? We're a nice friendly bunch. I'm at laurawood79@hotmail.com if you want to get in touch. Laura x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now