Local Talk

“Part time” pre-schools in Ealing?

(4 Posts)
colafrosties Tue 09-Apr-13 15:09:58

Hello, Just wondering if anyone knows of any school nurseries or other pre-schools in the Ealing area that may offer 3 year olds a place of 2 to 3 morning sessions a week?

The school nurseries I’ve spoken to so far don’t offer less than 5 sessions. DS is going to continue attending playgroup a couple of mornings a week for the time being, but I am a bit worried that he will soon be the oldest in the group and that it won’t be suitable.

Ideally I'm trying to find a pre-school that would be covered by the early years funding, but maybe there are also some private pre-schools which can be subsidised by the funding even if it doesn't compeltely cover their fees.

Thanks in advance for any ideas.

Jj001 Thu 19-Dec-13 22:11:56

Hello,
My daughter is 15 months old, we are in west ealing. I'm told that in order to get into a good primary school at 5 it's best that she gets into a pre school attached to the primary school from the age of 3. Can anybody advise on good pre schools in ealing and whether they too have strict catchment area policies for admission. I can't believe that we are going to have to start thinking of moving already!

colafrosties Wed 05-Mar-14 15:11:00

Hi - attending the pre-school doesn't mean that you get higher priority when applying for reception in the Ealing area. It doesn't state that on the admissions policy, for Little Ealing School for example.

Bekabeech Wed 05-Mar-14 15:26:54

Attending a pre-school or nursery has no affect on your application for any state school in England. It is not allowed by the admissions regulations.

Pre-schools and nurseries often have easier entry requirements than schools. People also often have their children attend a school pre-school but not obtain a place at the attached school.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now