Local Talk

Pregnancy Yoga/Pilates around Ealing

(19 Posts)
Kateykins Thu 18-Sep-08 16:26:41

Can anyone recommend some good ante-natal yoga classes in Ealing/Acton/Chiswick? Thanks!

slng Fri 19-Sep-08 20:55:51

I went to one at the St Stephen's church hall in West Ealing, but unfortunately cannot remember the name of the teacher. I think I see her advertised on the NCT newsletter. Sorry not much help.

Hi i was looking for same thing on google today as am preg and moving to ealing. Found this which is in Friends Meeting House nr Ealing Common. No idea if it's any good but looks ok and reasonably priced (£8 per sess)

HolidaysQueen Tue 30-Sep-08 21:29:11

The St Stephens class is an Active Birth Centre influenced antenetal yoga. It was great - I find it so relaxing and really helpfil for dealing with early labour. The teacher is Ella van Meelis. Details here

Also, I've just started pilates in Northfields (trying to sort out the postnatal tummy...) and the teacher does a pregnancy class. Her website is here

Sumnuts Wed 15-Oct-08 13:35:15

There is a great class on wednesday evenings at 8pm in Northfields Community Centre. It's drop-in, and you don't need to book. Costs £7 a session and run by a lady called Hilde.

slng Wed 15-Oct-08 17:03:03

That's rignt HOlidays! It was Ella. It was good. Even half remembered stuff got me through DS2's homebirth without any pain relief! That's got to be good, no?

Sand09 Sun 04-Jan-09 10:15:25

Has anyone tried the one at Friends Meeting House nr Ealing Common found?
There is also ante natal yoga at The Happiness Centre Shepherds bush.

jazzyazzy Tue 20-Jan-09 21:43:25

I can also highly recommend Ella at St. Stephens church. I loved the classes and she's fab. I went to the mummy and baby yoga as well and that was noisy but good!

amisia Wed 04-Feb-09 12:45:05

I have discovered a new pilates studio near Ealing Broadway called Pilates in Motion, I know the teachers from Notting Hill Gate as well, they are on Curzon Road and they do pre and post-natal pilates plus all sorts of other classes, worth a try. Their website is www.pilatesinmotion.org

justcaroline Thu 19-Feb-09 09:40:19

Hilde's class is definately the best. I'm back for baby no. 2 and couldn't wait. Her classes are drop-in because she feels that when your pregnant you should do what is best for you, including NOT coming to a class if you don't feel like it so she doesn't tie you in with booking 10 sessions. She's run classes for just 1 or 2 people.

Hilde has been doing pregnancy yoga for over 20 years and it shows. She is brilliant!

Northfields Community Centre, 8pm every Wednesday except school holidays, £7

amym5464 Sun 05-Dec-10 21:41:30

Is there still pregnancy yoga classes held at Northfields?

Kuky Sun 23-Jan-11 18:37:09

Hi! I'm also interested in Pregnancy Yoga classes around Ealing or Northfields. Do you know if Hilde is still at Northfields Community Centre?

JessicaRobyn Sun 13-Feb-11 17:11:17

If you are interested in attending a Pilates class where you get lots of attention and a clear explanation of the exercises then try my class out on a Saturday afternoon at 5.30. The class takes place at www.pilatesinmotion.org which is off Pitshanger Lane.

londonmackem Tue 03-Jan-12 20:57:20

Does anyone know if the St Stephen's class is still running?

KindermusikWithAnita Fri 20-Jan-12 19:31:44

Hi, I gave birth to my daughter in September and have been planning to start yoga/pilates when she is 6-month old. Thanks for all the tips.
I found this lady, Katja www.pilatesinealing.co.uk, have you heard about her classes?

lk22 Thu 09-Feb-12 15:42:07

I'd recommend Nicky at Pilates Corps. She's been teaching in Ealing for the last 5 years and is now moving to a new, purpose built pilates studio in west Ealing, just above Sainsburys. The website address is www.pilatescorps.co.uk and her phone number is 07977 418974. I've been going to her classes for the last 3 years, have recommended lots of friends and we all adore her!

newmummychiswick Tue 29-May-12 12:21:16

Pregnancy yoga at Yoga West on Warple Way (on the Chiswick/Acton borders) at 11am on Thursdays is absolutely brilliant. I went there every week while i was pregnant and it made a real difference to my birth experience.

PilatesCorps Fri 07-Dec-12 15:24:02

Hello, this is Nicky at Pilates Corps. We're starting a new Pregnancy class and a Mother & Baby class at our west Ealing studio above Sainsburys in the new year. The Pregnancy classes start at 10am on Tuesdays and Mother & Baby at 11am on Tuesdays, beginning on January 8th. The teacher is Patricia, mother of a one year old herself. If you've never tried pilates before, I'd thoroughly recommend it for a general sense of well being and to restore vitality. Patricia is highly qualified, having trained for 18 months before beginning to teach 6 years ago. She is both gentle & intuitive. We hope to see you at a class in the new year and here's our website info, though the new classes have not yet been added to the website ..... www.pilatescorps.co.uk. Nicky

Giuseppina Tue 30-Apr-13 15:30:25

Hi, I'm Giuseppina and I'm a yoga teacher based in Northfields. I teach pregnancy yoga both in Ealing Broadway and Northfields.
I can also offer birth workshops to help you get ready for labour and I teach mum and baby yoga for when you have your baby!
Please look at my website for more details: www.my-yogasite.com or give me a call on 07944416077. thanks

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now