Local Talk

Healthcare recommendations please!!

(11 Posts)

Hi there,

Wow. This is a quiet 'local' section! I'm sure there's a few of you out there so here's hoping!

I'm moving to the area in the next few weeks and need to organise a new doctor and dentist for my family.

If anyone has a recommendation (orotherwise!) I'd really appreciate it please, so far I've earmarked Moatfield for a GP surgery and maybe either Concordia or High Street for a dentist??

TIA

I forgot, recommendations for nurseries would also be great please. I'm looking in a sort of diamond shape, within Lingfield, Edenbridge, Hartfield and East Grinstead.

TIA

bump!

70sKid Tue 22-Jun-10 22:02:20

Hi there, I'm at Moatfield and find that it can get a little busy at times with it being the largest surgery in town but they have good facilities and you can see a Doc same day (provided you call them early enough). As for dentist I am with Highstreet dental practice and have found them to be very good on the whole, they are great with the kids.

Welcome to East Grinstead.

CMOTdibbler Tue 22-Jun-10 22:03:55

I lived in EG until 2 years ago and was with Moatfield, and Dr Patel in particular was great.

DS went to Lingfield nursery and we were very happy with it

Hi guys thanks so much for your replies! That's really useful info thankyou. Sounds like Moatfield And High Street Dental could be good for us.

I love the look of Lingfield Nursery and had planned to send DD there, however DS will be going to school at Hartfield so currently wondering if it's too far in the opposite direction...

PicklePumpkin Sat 14-Aug-10 21:44:18

My children go to Lingfield Nursery at Bank Farm which is great and I really recommend it. I can see though that Hartfield is quite a distance so can understand you probably wouldn't want that sort of commute. I think there is a nursery in Hartfield in the old railway station but have no idea what it's like.

Thanks for your reply, yes it's a pre-school from age two, which I might well consider in a few months as I've heard it's nice!

I did do the drive from Hartfield to Lingfield Nursery and it would be a pain I think.

Now I hear we're number two on the list for our closest school Dormansland, just to throw more confusion in to the mix! Would be great for dropping my DH at the station then dropping them both at the pre-school/primary :-D Although I'm sure the list doesn't move too fast there.

Thanks for all your replies.

mrspink27 Tue 17-Aug-10 14:55:23

Oakmead dental care are fabulous - we see James Miller -
We were at Moatfield but are now too far away and have had to change GPs - we still come across though for the dentist! Another vote for Dr Patel.

mrspink27 Tue 17-Aug-10 14:56:20

Might be worth looking at Forest Row doctors as well...

Thanks Mrspink27 I'm going to join Moatfield this week if I can.

Oakmead was another on my list so thanks!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now