Moving to Brighton -help!

(3 Posts)
Charlie418 Fri 01-Apr-16 08:47:43

Hello. I'm sure this question has been asked many times so apologies but I couldn't find anything recent.
We are considering a move to Brighton and need to be close to the mainline station for commute to London. Just wondering what it's like to live in the centre of town and how safe it is? We have a little boy who's 4 so schools are also a consideration, so advice on that would be much appreciated.
I'm sure there are things that a local would consider that we wouldn't! Many thanks in advance.

Lewes101 Thu 14-Apr-16 22:09:55

Hi. Not sure about Brighton I'm afraid but if your thinking of moving to E Sussex have you looked at Lewes? I believe direct trains to London are slightly quicker, local schools (almost) all have good ofstead reports. About 30-40mins Max walk from one end of the town to the other

dowsland Fri 15-Apr-16 21:50:42

Hiya, I've lived right next to the station for 18 years and brought up my 8 and 9 year old sons here. It's a great, safe, vibrant, interesting area. St Paul's primary school is lovely and has a real sense of community. I used to be a south Londoner born and bred and I'd never go back. Brighton is THE BEST!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now