Local Talk

Nurseries central/north edinburgh???

(8 Posts)
skgnome Wed 06-Apr-11 15:14:23

Hi,
can anyone recommend a nursery in central/noth west edinburgh? I work in the city centre, my husband works at queensferry rd (just off the west end) and we live near cannonmills, so anything near our jobs or home would be great!
saw early days in palmerston and liked it, but no place... went to see silver strawberry (queen st) and didn't liked it (it looked a bit dirty)...saw one near the botanics which I liked, but bit out the way.
any experiences good or bad would be really apreciated

AnneinEdinburgh Wed 06-Apr-11 22:27:11

Cowgate under 5's is fab but an endless waiting list. The Royal Mile nursery is fine if a bit small maybe. I didn't like Palmerston Place at least the baby room.

scotsgirl23 Fri 08-Apr-11 01:20:30

Our little girl has not long started at the Orchard Nursery (just off the bottom of orchard brae in the ground of the Royal Victoria) - might be a little out of the way. Also heard good things about Rutland and Careshare at Port Hamilton.

There isn't a great selection in town really (we live and work in town and were a bit stumped)

touser Thu 14-Apr-11 21:17:15

Try New Town Nursery on Dean Terrace, our DD starts there in 2 weeks and I've heard really good things from other parents at a local play group. Doune Terrance is also meant to be good.

KeepCalmAndCarryOnMNing Mon 09-May-11 09:43:41

Coming to this a bit late, but have you tried Heriot Hill on Heriot Hill Terrace? My son goes there and loves it (he's now just gone up to their pre-school room). They have loads of outdoor play space which really appealed. Discovered after he started there that a lot of other people I know send their children there too.

Finallythere Wed 22-Aug-12 16:42:23

Hi have you looked at the High School Yards Nursery just of Victoria Street. It was an old council nursery that is now in private hands. It is run by a Qualified Primary School Teacher and from what I hear is just lovely and very well run.Must be worth a look.

keephappy Wed 22-Aug-12 16:50:56

Could not get into Cowgate it has a waiting list. they recommended the High School Yards Nursery Visited and booked High School Yards. It is just lovely all new equipment and the staff are just lovely. They have a faboulous wild garden at the rear.

iggi777 Fri 31-Aug-12 10:52:52

Crewe Road nursery is just oppposite the Western General hospital, if that's the right area for you.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now