Anyone used McEwan Fraser to sell property?

(22 Posts)
cherrybug Wed 22-Feb-12 12:39:41

Hi, wanting to go on market and currently looking at different agents. Know McEwan Fraser are dominating at the moment but I dont know anyone who has used them so cant get any reviews.

Anyone here used them?

Groovee Wed 22-Feb-12 16:45:39

A few people round by us have been using them and everyone I've spoken to have said they were happy. Neilsons seem to be another favourite. We used Leslie Deans who were very thorough and got certain things checked that we would never have thought off and got the price reduced so we could fix them.

OwlMother Wed 22-Feb-12 18:34:19

It's not what you're asking, but we moved six months ago and used them for all of our conveyancing. They were absolutely fantastic, kept us well informed and kept everything going like clockwork. From that point of view I would recommend them wholeheartedly.

I have a friend who very recently sold through them and was very happy with the whole thing, She changed from her original agents to them and reckons they were worth that little bit more that they cost.

Good luck with the house selling.

lrock Wed 22-Feb-12 21:11:48

We have used them too and have been very happy with them. They are open weekends which is a bonus when viewers don't show up. Very good service over all.

Littlerainy Mon 27-Feb-12 13:24:03

My friend had his house on the market for about a year and was getting nowhere and they wanted him to lower the price. He switched to McEwan Faser and the difference was like night and day. He got an offer within two weeks and his new house brochure was a million times better. They're pretty sales driven compared to most other solicitors.

Littlerainy Mon 27-Feb-12 13:25:52

Oh and I've just put my house on the market with them, very happy witht he service so far!!

ct01 Thu 26-Sep-13 15:48:39

DON'T HAVE ANYTHING TO DO WITH THESE PEOPLE. We viewed one of their for sale properties, which we really liked. Given the market I filled in their online part exchange form which stated that they would contact us with a valuation within 3 working days. 2 weeks on, and several email and telephone inquiries later we still do not have a valuation. Instead I got an email from them today saying that someone else has now put in an offer for the property we were interested in. My advice - give them a wide berth for either buying or selling!!!

Stewarty45 Sat 05-Apr-14 23:51:22

Bought a house in 2011 and the sellers used McEwan Fraser Legal.

The final title deed we received had several inhibitions(debts tied to the house) relating to the previous owner. McEwan Fraser Legal NEVER return phone calls, letters or e-mails. They failed to disclose all the inhibitions to my solicitor and in doing so have left me with the burden to pay off the previous owners debt if I want to remortgage or sell the house. We were given written assurance (as all solicitors do) that we would be given a clean title deed after the sale.

I am currently in the process of making a complaint to the Scottish Legal Complaints Commission and the Law Society for negligence and inadequate professional service. And have sought further legal assistance. Despite this, McEwan Fraser Legal STILL do not return any correspondence!

Definitely do NOT sell your house using this company but equally do NOT buy a house being sold through these cowboys!

fairylights Fri 02-May-14 14:18:59

This is weeks after the OP but I just wanted to say we have just sold our house with Boyds and they have been BRILLIANT, would really recommend them.. the guy from McEwan Fraser Legal who came to value the house seemed waaaaay too smarmy to me..

rosalund Thu 06-Nov-14 12:06:19

I sold my flat with this company. I would tell anyone not to deal with them. They took more than stated. They were not truthful about the buyer's date of entry. told me the missives had been completed, I moved that day and at 12 pm was called to say the missives had not been completed when they told me to be out that day for the entry. I was left upset. shaken and their conduct leaves me dubious and very wary of agents. Record all your calls with them for evidence incase something goes wrong. I am a female on my own and they took advantage of my lack of knowledge and trusting nature. My factors fees were due back to me and they did not contact me or send the cheque. I found out form the factors and had to contact M&F for the money, 8 months later.

Dibbeth100 Wed 21-Jan-15 14:01:51

Don't touch McEwan Fraser. They are sharks. They are selling the flat above me - used my garden and drive as a marketing tool and had the cheek to put their For Sale board in my garden! They refused to use the correct picture and to date haven't moved the for sale board. Awful, expensive and don't give a monkey's.

goose1892 Mon 02-Feb-15 13:28:02

I used mcewan fraser to sell my house.I continually had to contact them for information. I suppose they did what it said on the tin my house sold for £186, 000 but they charged me £8, 000 for the sale .Wont use them again fees are extortionate.

PumpkinsMummy Tue 10-Feb-15 14:35:54

I tried to buy through them a few years ago and they were awful, never returned calls, bumped around person to person as no--one had the correct information. You can't go wrong through Warners IMO. They are excellent, can't praise them highly enough, I have bought and sold through them, they are very thorough.

frustratedbuyer123 Sun 15-Feb-15 12:05:16

We have been in touch with McEwan Fraser regarding a property that we're interested in as a buy-to-let. Getting answers to initial questions was like pulling teeth. It was a pain to arrange a viewing. The viewing lady then was very friendly and noted down our questions. We received only answers to some and instead got an automated feedback form to complete. Husband completed the form and included our informal offer. Phoned them after not hearing back for over 2 days and they said they hadn't received the form. OK, he verbally gave them the offer again and they said they'd pass it on to the buyer and would get back to us. That was nearly a week ago. Nothing yet of course. Only received a chaser for their initial feedback form some days ago, automated of course. When you phone them, you have to go through a phone menu, ask the receptionist to put you through to the agent dealing with your property, agent always busy and has to phone back... Not impressed and so far it feels like they have no interest in selling. Have never come across something like this and almost feel sorry for the seller! Would certainly not use them if we were selling.

Seagull12 Sat 18-Apr-15 20:56:53

Seller BEWARE!

Please take my experience as a warning.
MF will entice you in with unrealistic valuations on your property, which will be higher than other solicitors valuations, but hey, I don't mind paying higher fees if you get me a higher sale price eh?

Well in truth your property may be worth a lot less, have virtually no real buyer interest, (even after dropping the sale price by £20,000) and once you have paid your initial £1700 for the privilege of having MF market your property you'll hear very little more from them. Yes, if you're after pretty girls with no expertise and spin from target driven salesmen then these are your people.

So, nearly a year and 30 viewings later (at £30+VAT PER VIEWING, as I'm living in London, and for some reason in Scotland Estate Agents don't do viewings(!) I decide to withdraw the property from sale at a further cost of over £1800 in fees, making an overall cost in fees of over £3500 for the entire awful experience, with NO SALE!

I received zero constructive feedback from viewings and zero interest shown from MF as to how my overall experience was. Just a final invoice, speaks volumes doesn't it?

I can only blame myself for being so stupid as to fall for the MF b******t, but if this post gives even one person the motivation to look elsewhere then I'll take a small crumb of comfort from that.

Good luck

sandra1966 Sat 06-Jun-15 18:56:10

My sister in law had a property on the market with a local agent for nearly 2 years. Hardly had a viewer,they just wanted her to keep dropping the price. She changed to McEwan Fraser Legal and had 4 viewers in 4 days and had sold it for the full price within the week. She was so delighted she told 2 of her friends who were selling and they had similar results.

emma12344 Sat 06-Jun-15 23:12:27

Sandra, I feel we must know what position you occupy at McEwan Fraser?!

sandra1966 Wed 10-Jun-15 13:18:38

Emma I assume that is your name? I must admit I was little surprised to see your strange reply to my review and I immediately thought disgruntled competitor to McEwan Fraser ? Anyway I feel compelled to respond to your petty comment.

I rarely post on forums and came across a thread regarding McEwan Fraser Legal and thought, well I have firsthand knowledge of how well this company performed with my sister in law and thought I would add value to anyone who was considering using McEwan and Fraser

I class myself as a person of integrity and I feel you have questioned that, so I am more than happy to provide the following information so that you or anybody else on this forum for that matter can verify my post, which is 100% genuine and true.

My sister in law is Pauline Docherty, and the house she sold at the beginning of 2014, was 15 Medwyn Place Alloa. The agent she changed from, which she had on the market with for almost 2 years was County Estates Alloa. I was with Pauline when the chap from McEwan Fraser came to see her and he did say at the time that his company were constantly taking business from other estate agents ( I suppose all agents say that ) who just weren’t performing. Pauline also did a video testimonials and I believe she is on their website.

Anyway verify my post, and a sorry would be nice, I am not bothered though, as long as you don’t post anymore unhelpful remarks as I won’t be dignifying them with a response as I don’t have the time nor the inclination to do so.

If you supply me with a phone number I am happy to provide you full details of Pauline’s and 2 other friends who had similar great results with McEwan Fraser Legal, I will of course let the forum know if you indeed reply to my invitation.

emma12344 Wed 10-Jun-15 16:49:34

Oh Sandra.... It was a joke!

Buckeyedjim Thu 25-Jun-15 23:53:04

I wouldn't use them on the basis of their horrendous radio advert about the "other woman". Annoys me every time I hear it.

cubbyhole Thu 13-Oct-16 11:52:54

My home has now been on the market for 16 months and only 12 viewings. Clearly there is something wrong, I keep asking the questions but with little or no response, I am sure they are a good company but it is not working for me. neighbours ask me why it is still on the market, I make all sorts of excuses, the truth is I am very disappointed with MF

PentlandView Thu 13-Oct-16 22:36:48

Don't do it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now