Local Talk

Anyone want to sell me their house in Edinburgh South?

(10 Posts)
tricot39 Tue 31-Jul-12 20:42:38

A bit in advance as we are only planning to move 2013 but i am fed up with the lack of places that would suit us on espc! We are after a 4 bedrooms in the catchment for boroughmuir or gillespies - ideally a house so Dh can work from home. Main roads or those with passing trade might be an advantage! If you know anyone who might be interested in a private sale then do pm me! I know a lot of people are not putting places on the market because of the expense so this might be a good way of avoiding a hip! Help please!

CatherinaJTV Tue 31-Jul-12 20:47:02

good luck smile

OwlMother Tue 31-Jul-12 22:59:25

Just a word of warning - My parents live in the heart of your search area and the last two houses on their street were never advertised as for sale because the estate agents already held long waiting lists of people. The house opposite theirs has just changed hands with no estate agent's board in evidence and nothing online. Property still seems to be moving well.

tricot39 Tue 31-Jul-12 23:09:22

Aahh thanks for the tip owl!
It is the same here in London - good stuff just doesn't make it online. Where i live now it seems a lot easier to walk into all the EA offices down our local high street. I get the impression that there are more agents, more widely spread so i haven't got my head around who to register with. Any tips on who to register interest with?

duck94 Thu 02-Aug-12 15:43:46

Since we're on the subject - does anyone want to sell me their house with a garden on a quiet street in Craigleith?!

kaumana Thu 02-Aug-12 17:35:45

kaumana Thu 02-Aug-12 18:34:00

Hmm, post didn't appear.

I'd have a look at the espc and give the agents a call that are selling in the area. Cant remember off the top of my head which ones are the most used.

I haven't seen many houses up for sale in the area and if you are looking at 4 bedrooms that narrows it down further as the majority of Victorian terraces have 3 bedrooms likewise the houses in Buckstone.

tricot39 Thu 02-Aug-12 22:18:24

Oh that is an interesting thought. Are the 3 bed terraces typically more suited to loft conversion? A lot of the bigger houses have original rooms in the roof. Buying and extending would probably suit us if it would work. Thanks for that thought - i'm off to check out the 3 beds on espc!

WillPenn Sat 18-Aug-12 21:32:50

Tricot am in your area and know of a couple of people who have bought/sold without the board going up but these have been £1 mill + houses period detached with 6 beds or more. If you are in the £650k/4 beds range you will find a ton of competition as the people who don't want to live in the many flats in the area are desperate for affordable(!) houses.

tricot39 Mon 20-Aug-12 20:57:31

Thanks!
Don't think the budget will go to £1 mill unless the lottery comes good this week!
<slopes off to buy lottery ticket>

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now