Local Talk

nurseries

(11 Posts)
sweetiepie1979 Mon 10-Sep-12 13:12:31

Hi, does anyone know whay the Orchard nursery on Inverleith Row is like. My daughter is suppossed to begin there soon and im getting a bit queasy about it. Any reviews good or bad would help. Thank you.

sweetiepie1979 Tue 11-Sep-12 02:30:19

Hi, does anyone know anything about the Orchard nursery on Inverleith Row is like. My daughter is suppossed to begin there soon and im getting a bit queasy about it. Any reviews good or bad would help. Thank you.

TheWicketKeeperIsDown Tue 11-Sep-12 19:47:26

Is that the one that used to be in the grounds of the Royal Vic? It gets a good name.

sweetiepie1979 Tue 11-Sep-12 20:40:50

Yes it is and now it's at inverleith row. Thanks.

TheWicketKeeperIsDown Tue 11-Sep-12 23:50:19

My colleague's kids went there. Admittedly that was quite a number of years ago, but she really highly recommended it to me. (we went to one on the other side of town as it suited my husband's work location)

We use it, absolutely no problems to report, staff are lovely. Our DD is nearly 2.5, started going at about 8 months (yes, it used to be in the grounds of the hospital, only moved a few months ago)

sweetiepie1979 Wed 03-Oct-12 05:01:23

Ok thanks for the info. X

duck94 Wed 03-Oct-12 16:52:01

Hi sweetiepie. I am thinking of putting my 2 year old there. Can I ask what made you feel queasy about it? Has your daughter already started there?

sweetiepie1979 Wed 03-Oct-12 17:55:01

Hi duck, things like their website not up to date of the new building and the paper work all different fonts and kind of simple font my husband thinks that's ridiculous thing to complain about but I think it's all to do with professionalism or I've been in the private sector too long. I'm not sure that all the staff get in I've picked up on vibes and whispering and it's defo management stuff. Having said all this the important thing is they look after my baby and they do baby smiles seems happy to go there etc but they never take her out and the botanics is right next door and the park! I also thought some of the toys looked a bit old and manly and the rugs. So that's what I think. I've not met any staff I dislike and they are all helpful.

duck94 Wed 03-Oct-12 19:18:08

Ha ha - brilliant! Finally I have found a kindred spirit. My son's school uses Comic Sans. I found myself tutting and shaking my head about that when I saw it! They also annoy me with their lack of professionalism. (silly slips of paper here there and everywhere, notices sometimes on the entrance door, sometimes on email - just makes me want to go in there and organise them!) There are even spelling mistakes and incorrect use of the apostrophe galore!

I also thought they had a garden out the back? Does it not get used much, in your view? Not sure what you mean by manly toys. Probably a typo. Do you mean manky? Or do you mean power drills and hammers?! Ha ha.

Finally, are the staff grown women with a passion for the job or are they girlies?

sweetiepie1979 Tue 09-Oct-12 11:37:08

Sorry duck my last post didn't send for some reason. I see Orchard have sorted out their website so that's good maybe their paperwork will follow ,glad you agree with me there. I did mean manky toys but that might be unfair, basically there are a few that have seen better days and there is a little car rug in the rainbow room that just doesn't look clean even if it is and my eyes are drawn to it everytime! The staff seem to be a mixture of old and young, mostly young and they are about to lose one of their better girls who works upstairs.I do think they should have more outside time especially while the weather is still okish. There should be an inspection soon or results from one and that will help me determine if I will keep my little one there or not and whether to send no 2. Let me know what you think if you decide on it. Good luck.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now