Local Talk

Ideas for half term activities anyone?

(4 Posts)
eightytwenty Wed 03-Oct-12 23:33:01

Spent this evening searching for activities for ds1 (8) and ds 2 (5).

Anyone got past recomendations or found anything new. Pref in n ed or leith

Juggling a visit from child free friends from overseas as well as 3 kids so want to try to give all some proper attention.

chiefbabysitter Mon 08-Oct-12 11:11:22

If you want an all day activity in Edinburgh, why don't you try the National Museum of Scotland? They have free half-term activities for children (look here: nms.ac.uk/our_museums/national_museum/whats_on/families/get_into_golf.aspx and the child free friends can wander around in the exhibitions.

It took us four hours last time we went... grin

good luck!

amyedinburgh Mon 08-Oct-12 12:42:35

Found this Music Studio in Leith have some great kids music projects, my son took part in last Christmas. They are running again from end of Oct on Sunday afternoons, there is a concert that the kids perform at, he loved it, great fun!
Here is the link:
edinburghmusiclessons.co.uk/kids-ensemble-winter-2012

Amy smile

SylivaG Tue 09-Oct-12 10:27:01

Have a look at this book. I used it in the summer holidays with my kids and it got us out and about in stimulating ways without spending a penny (doesn't matter where you live).
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Keeping-Little-Blighters-Busy-refreshingly/dp/1408176246

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now