Local Talk

Bump buddies?

(5 Posts)
ell51 Mon 14-Jan-13 14:05:11

Hi,
I'm a member of another forum but this one is more local so thought I'd join here too.

I'm a soon to be first time mum (27yo) - due April 7th 2013. I've lived in Edinburgh my whole life but it seems for one reason or another all my friends have either moved away or lost touch. Out of the few friends I have left, I'm the first one to have a baby and although they're all happy for me, they are more interested in nights out and drinking than doing anything I could join in with.

On top of that, this pregnancy has been pretty crappy and I've been signed off a lot. So I'm not at work either. Although I have a very supportive partner, it can all get very lonely at times!

So here I am, I guess I'm just wondering if anyone else is in the same boat and fancied meeting up for a coffee or something? It'd be nice to find people in a similar situation with time on their hands. :-)

Rebbot86 Wed 16-Jan-13 14:00:30

Hello. Yes in a similar boat. Moved to Edinburgh recently and am pregnant (26yo, 27 in a couple of weeks!) and not working so understand where you are coming from fully. Our new little bundle is due on the 31st March. I also have a 5 year old boy who is at school now so my days consist of chores or going for a wander.
Im up for meeting for a cuppa sometime if you like?? Im free pretty much every day, although my boy has half day at school on a Friday.

RosyYogaBellies Mon 25-Feb-13 18:31:00

Hi ell51 smile

I run a prenatal yoga class in Edinburgh on a Thursday night - in my class we allow plenty of time to chat and get to know eachother aswell as doing gentle yoga smile. We have a good time just blethering most of the time smile

Email me at rosy@yogabellies.co.uk for more information smile

IngaD Wed 24-Apr-13 13:17:21

Hi there,
I'm due in September with my first, i'm 30 years old and live in central Edinburgh, moving to Mussellburgh in November. I would love to meet some other mums-to-be and new mums. Same as Ell51 i'm the first of all my friends to have a baby and as much as i love them it would be nice to make some friends who are in the same position as me.
Feel free to give me a shout. smile

Ellimac Fri 26-Apr-13 13:33:25

Hello ladies -

Not sure what area's you live in....BUT I help run a Toddler Group in Comely Bank on a Tues afternoon.

Currently we do not have any bumps...But we do have a few mums with small babies who are only a few months old and then the rest of the groups children are under 2.5 yrs.

If you want some company & to see what you are letting yourselves in for !!!!* - Please feel free to pop along.

Full details can be found on our Face book page under : Ninian's Nippers OR we are listed under Toddler Groups on this website.

Hope all goes well for all of you & maybe see you at the group sometime

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now