Local Talk

DD turns 17 - who can recommend a good driving school in Edinburgh

(7 Posts)
Catherinaathome Thu 17-Jan-13 18:40:26

and share experience with their insurance (have not dared call mine yet, expect costs to go up 20x)

Catherinaathome Mon 21-Jan-13 10:12:33

bump?

Skyline are very good - I learnt to drive over the summer and got on very well. My instructor was called Paul.

Marybeatonseton Mon 21-Jan-13 16:49:00

Our 17 year old DD has passed with One L of a Driving School. I know, what a corny name!

We used to go with Tesco until they quoted us something ridiculous, that was just as DD began lessons last summer.

We switched from another insurer (supermarket) to Direct Line last summer when DD began lessons. DD has just passed her test, basically the 4 of us are on my policy and it costs £350 fully comp for 1.4 car, covering both parents DD and her brother - our policy won't renew until summer so am selling a kidney (joke) to pay for probable hike.

Time for DS to get his own wheels so he can start his own policy and accumulate No Claims.

Marybeatonseton Mon 21-Jan-13 16:49:57

Ha ha my attempt at editing was an epic fail wasn't it!

Catherinaathome Mon 21-Jan-13 20:26:19

love the name, thank you Mary and StatisticallyChallenged... now to get the prelims out of the way, so we can start the driving thing...

OttersPocket Wed 30-Jan-13 11:51:57

I learned to drive 2 years ago with a company called go Bananas. They were a fine company to deal with. However, what really made my lessons a fantastic experience was the instructor I had called Andy who now runs his own business. His facebook page is here: http://www.facebook.com/pages/AAndys-Driving-School/249026755134701

I really can't recommend him highly enough - very patient, nice sense of humour, very calm and I passed first time smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now