Local Talk

Jack & Jill at Heriot Watt

(5 Posts)
Moomish Thu 24-Jan-13 22:00:52

I have signed up to sell my stuff at this market on 2nd March.
Does anyone have any general tips?

Specifically, Do hand knits sell? I have some beautiful ones....
How much should I sell my bugaboo Cameleon at? I was thinking £200 but don't want to accept cheques...would buyers have that cash?
What other clothes should I take? Would coats and fleeces sell or wold it be summer stuff?

It'll probably all be full of bemused HW students! Eeek!

Moomish Tue 26-Feb-13 22:52:26

This weekend folks! 1030. All stalls sold out!

purplescarf Sat 09-Mar-13 18:39:01

Hi, just saw this. How did the sale go? Was it busy? I've been trying to get a stall at the Meadowbank Jack and Jill but they get sold out very quickly. I'm considering registering for the next Heriot Watt one. Thanks!

Moomish Sun 10-Mar-13 21:12:04

It wasn't that busy. My sister was with me & said prepare for the rush when the doors open....but it never came! But with that said, there were fewer hagglers and e bayers, it was quite relaxed. We got our marketing right and sold pretty much everything. However, other stalls really didn't sell much at all. Maybe it was quiet because it was the first one.

purplescarf Mon 11-Mar-13 23:11:21

Thanks Moomish. I'm not sure what to do now. I'm desperate to get rid of all the baby 'clutter' but I've missed getting a slot on 2 meadowbank ones now. Good that it worked for you though, maybe I'll give it a shot... Will report back...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now