Local Talk

Tollcross Primary Edinburgh

(6 Posts)
Wrigglystar Fri 25-Jan-13 19:46:37

Hello,
I posted this in Education but thought better to make it more local.
Just wondered if anyone had experience of Tollcross primary school? We are out of the catchment but thinking of applying (long story) as we like the size and atmosphere. Don't know anyone there though and would love to hear what people have liked about it and if it really feels like a community school as someone said.
Cheers!

tribal Fri 25-Jan-13 21:37:40

In the last couple of years due to p1 class sizes, very few out of catchment requests have been successful anywhere in Edinburgh. I have seen the data somewhere (evening news?) but cant find it at the moment

Wrigglystar Sat 26-Jan-13 09:56:26

Thanks yeah, I'm kind of aware of that though they don't seem too full and our catchment school is ok so not a disaster if we don't succeed. Just wondering if anyone had any experiences of the school or friends with experience...

aliame Sun 27-Jan-13 11:08:48

Is this the school which is half Gaelic speaking? If so that might be why they don't seem so full?
Taught at the other half a bit, seems nice enough...

GrooveeCar Sun 27-Jan-13 17:28:47

The Gaelic side of the school will be moving to Bonnington in August so Tollcross will probably have lots of spaces. Not sure about the Gaelic side but a few friends are happy with their choice.

Eibhin Mon 11-Mar-13 11:25:17

Tollcross is a lovely school; I feel it is often mistakenly overlooked. My children are in the Gaelic side of the school which will be moving in August, allowing the English mainstream side of the school to continue to grow and thrive at Tollcross. The staff are enthusiastic, friendly and being a smaller school know the children really well.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now