Local Talk

Nursery only runs during term time - what do you do?

(5 Posts)
PortiaPony Mon 28-Jan-13 16:07:10

We are thinking of sending our daughter to Clifton Hall. She's in a nursery near our house at the moment, which doesn't have the best setup from 3+. We had thought to move her to Cliftons nursery, its great and will also make sure of a place in P1. BUT its only open in term time. I know we'll have to manage the whole school holidays thing eventually but this would be starting it two years early. We both work full time with no family to help - what do other people do with their 3/4 year olds? Too youg for holiday clubs surely?

GrooveeCar Mon 28-Jan-13 17:51:00

I'm fortunate to have got a term time contract from my employer. But I know my childminder often has enquiries for holiday cover.

emma12344 Mon 28-Jan-13 19:13:46

I think almost everyone in your position would use a private nursery, which tend to be open 50/51 weeks of the year.

Do they offer a special nursery holiday club? It may be your best option. When DC 1 was pre-school he was in private nursery because the term time only thing was just not workable for us. When he started school and DC 2 became pre-school age we moved her to the school nursery because we were picking dc1 up anyway, and having to cover holidays.

Family help out a bit over holidays, and we use some holiday club, but generally we cover it by saving leave.

PortiaPony Tue 29-Jan-13 10:34:32

Thanks for the responses. We really love the Clifton Hall nursery so need to have a good long think about what to do. Childminder coverage is one option i guess, or we just leave her in the private nursery she's in at the moment.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now