Local Talk

Cornerhouse nursery, Murrayfield nursery

(3 Posts)
MissingSushi Tue 29-Jan-13 17:02:52

Hello! I would be so grateful for any thoughts in these two nurseries for my darling little one, who would be aged twelve months when starting (if were to get a place). I Have seen other threads asking about other nurseries so hope this is ok. Don't know many people in Edinburgh so haven't got much access to word of mouth. It is important to me that she be in a warm friendly safe environment. Any comments welcome about either, good or bad.

Stayinginmum Fri 01-Feb-13 21:09:02

Hi, both my kids have been to Murrayfield nursery. It's a great place and they both thrived there. Very well run, very high standards and they prepare kids for school extremely well. The staff are excellent, particularly the room supervisors, most of whom have been there for years and are very good at their jobs. My kids are very different - one very outgoing and a team player, the other definitely not and the staff let them each develop at their own pace and didn't pressurise the non-joiner-in to join in things until he was ready. They are very good on introducing numeracy and literacy but there's no hothousing. They also have a very good menu for the kids. It's a great place. They've just had their inspection and got 'excellents' all round. The report should be on the Care Commission's website (or whether it's called now) soon. Don't know anything about the Cornerhouse nursery. The best thing is to go and have a look and see what you think. You'll get a feel for the places and you'll know pretty quickly whether you are happy with them or not.

MissingSushi Sat 02-Feb-13 19:15:40

Thanks very much! grin V helpful x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now