Local Talk

Looking to meet with Mum's similar to me (read shattered)

(5 Posts)
JenBurgh Sat 02-Mar-13 15:43:44

Hi I have a 13 year old dd and 3 year old ds. I work part-time as a psychiatric nurse. I'm married and myself and my husband pay huge mortgage for tiny house (oh I wish I could I had made more sound financial choices when I was younger!)

I'm always shattered and always got things to do for everyone. At nursery I see lot's of Mum's with children close together. At dd's high school I don't see many parents with toddlers.

My friends with older kids are getting their lifes back emotionally and financially. My friends with younger are caught up in the first stages of everything. My friends without kids don't get how exhausted I am and really don't get it when I say I'm skint that literally means nothing left over once all household things have been paid every month.

Would love to meet up with someone local who is in the same boat as me! smile

MumsKnitter Sun 03-Mar-13 21:41:20

Well I have a little in common! I have a 14 year old ds and a 16 month old ds. (I do also have a 21 year old dd, 19 year old ds, and 17 year old dd), and I know what you mean about not quite fitting in anywhere!

JenBurgh Tue 05-Mar-13 06:37:04

Hi Mumsknitter thanks for replying. You must be kept very busy with teenagers & toddlers. Do you manage to get time just for you?
I really struggle to get time just for me & if I do ever have an hour I feel guilty!! x

garnetmummy Mon 29-Jul-13 10:58:49

Hi Jenburgh
I have a 5 year old and 3 year old. I work part time, with 3 year old in private nursery and 5 year old in school. Its only my husband and i who look after the kids with no grandparent support (hubby's parent both passed away and my mother not interested!!) I have a wonderful sister in law who does do baby sitting but she has i high powered job so its not very often. So i fully understand you feel shattered!!!! We are both on our knees too and thats after being on hols for 10 days!! I find the only way to get time for you is take to take an annual leave day when kids are in school or nursery and sit at home with feet up and do nothing, also don't feel guilty!! i was told to do this by a fellow mum who also had no support and i feel that this helps me to keep functioning! Hope my advice helps

ccat001 Tue 30-Jul-13 13:03:46

Hi JenBurgh

I have a 13 year old and a 6 week old and find it exhausting too. I am working full time although i am on mat leave at the moment and looking for someone to meet up with as there doesn't seem to be anything around my area. Me and partner are also no well off and and struggle with money we even had to take a load out just for me to have 6 months maternity leave so i know how you feel sad

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now