Local Talk

Advice re: nearly new sales in Ed

(5 Posts)
rubyvonmonster27 Mon 18-Mar-13 11:49:34

I'm looking to sell a load of nearly new baby/child items which are in very good condition. Some of the items are large, e.g. buggy, Moses basket, pram and some items are smaller including clothes, slings etc.

Does anyone have any experience of which nearly new sales are good for selling? I know about the NCT and Jack and Jill markets (I think Meadowbank Stadium would be the nearest). Do you pay much for a stall? Is there a waiting list? Anything else I should know?

I just can't face ebaying it all! Any advice appreciated. I'm in Portobello and was once a member of NCT North but the website didn't give much info about the sales.

Many thanks.

GrooveeCar Mon 18-Mar-13 17:36:44

I think NCT take a percentage of your sales. Jack and Jill Market were about £20 for a stall and they're doing a new one at Heriot Watt. Maybe email them?

rubyvonmonster27 Mon 18-Mar-13 20:39:13

I'll do that. Thanks GrooveeCar.

WillPenn Sun 24-Mar-13 22:02:19

Polwarth Nearly New Sales are great. There is usually one in April and one in September. If you google the name you will find it. They take a cut but it goes to charity.

rubyvonmonster27 Mon 25-Mar-13 19:24:04

Thanks! That's really good to know. Will check it out.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now