Local Talk

Carrick Knowe - good or bad area?

(4 Posts)
alisonmcg Mon 20-Jan-14 21:44:50

Hi everyone, hoping for some advice!

We currently live in Leith but looking to move to the west of the city. Have viewed a property in Carrick Knowe that we are quite keen on but don't have much knowledge about the current reputation of the area. I'm Edinburgh born and bred but a lot of my knowledge of areas is based on opinions from about 15 years ago and obviously things have progressed in that time so my views are a bit outdated! Is Carrick Knowe a good/safe place to live for a young family? Would you be happy to live there, or maybe you already do? If so, do you enjoy it there and is there much trouble?

Thanks for any help that you are able to offer!

GrooveeCar Wed 22-Jan-14 07:37:44

We live a short walk from Carrick Knowe. It's not a bad area at all. A lot of friends children go to Carrick Knowe Primary and are quite happy with the school and nursery. High School is mostly Forrester which has turned around a lot.

Not far to get to St John's Road the main thoroughfare in Corstorphine, and Gorgie isn't far. Tesco and Asda aren't far either and good bus links by walking up to Saughton Mains.

There are a lot of cubs/brownie groups and various football groups, marshal arts etc. So quite a lot going on round about.

alisonmcg Wed 22-Jan-14 23:10:42

Thankd Grooveecar that's really helpful smile

alisonmcg Wed 22-Jan-14 23:11:15

*Thanks

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now