Pre school in South of Edinburgh

(3 Posts)
Bishboshbash Mon 21-Mar-16 18:24:30

Can anyone recommend a preschool near Cameron Toll area or Portabello? We have just moved here, am I too late to apply for school nurseries? I don't really know how this works!

Starfish347 Thu 24-Mar-16 12:39:34

I'm not the best to advise and hopefully someone who has better knowledge will come along to help. As a starter though, take a look here and with regard to council nursery and school places in Edinburgh. A lot will largely depend on your catchment area, and you can check by using your post code what schools are available to you.

Regarding nursery - you mention Cameron Toll and Portobello. Are you looking for recommendations for private nuseries also? If not, then it's common to send your child to the pre-school attached or linked to your primary school, which will be dictated by catchment.

Good luck and welcome to Edinburgh!

Chesnuts Wed 27-Apr-16 13:51:30

Actually when I made enquiries of the nursery at South Morningside Primary School I was told that you didn't have to like in the catchment area to apply. This is true across edinburgh - you just go on a waiting list.

catchment only comes into it for the primary schools

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now