Stockbridge Primary Nursery

(6 Posts)
JHDH Fri 22-Apr-16 17:08:52

Hi there
So we are moving to Dean village in June and I need some help on finding out how I get my three year old son into a nursery class, I don't know the system at all. I am told we are in the catchment for Stockbridge primary, how do I go about securing a spot for him? Am I too late??

Feeling stressed!!

Thank you!!

slippermum Fri 22-Apr-16 18:35:09

Hi JHDH, Go into the school to get the forms to register your son for the nursery.

catdil Fri 22-Apr-16 22:28:14

Nursery is not catchment bound like schools!

GrooveeCar Mon 25-Apr-16 11:09:40

Call or email the school for the forms to register him for nursery.

Uconnect Fri 13-May-16 19:18:49

There are good options depending on how many hrs you require /hw much you would like to spend - no need to stress yourself. All nurseries around there are great but choosing one that neatly fit your situation is perhaps what you may be asking?

I'd double check the council's catchment map as I think most of Dean village falls within the flora Stevenson catchment. It doesn't matter for nursery but if you plan on staying local then it might be preferable to use the catchment one as then he'll move to school with friends.

I'd give both a call and see if they have spaces. Stockbridge tends to put the 3 year olds in the afternoon slot and 4 year olds in thr morning, I think floras is mixed. We know people at both and they've both got good reputations. Theres also going to be an afternoon wraparound service starting in august that will pick up from both

Slightly further afield but I know Edzell nursery on Inverleith Row has spaces at the moment. Floras has just done it's placing for next year, so they'll be able to tell you if they have spaces

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now