Recommended optician

(6 Posts)
Chesnuts Wed 27-Apr-16 13:42:06

Need to take DS for first eye test. Can anyone recommend a decent optician who is good with children (i.e. won't make DS cry) based in city centre or south edinburgh.

I have struggled to find a decent optician for myself - am pretty fed up of the lack of service in a lot of these places. They are happy when you are shelling out £700 for spectacles but not willing to make time to see you if you have a suspected eye problem

Lones80 Wed 27-Apr-16 13:55:04

I use Cameron Optometry in Stockbridge, which I know is outside the area you are looking for, but they are fantasic with kids. I have opticians in the family (in England though) who recommended them for DD when she developed eye problems before the age of 2 and they have been great.

catdil Thu 28-Apr-16 11:36:44

The one in bruntsfield has been amazing with both my two.(r c cunning)

catdil Thu 28-Apr-16 11:38:34

Lynsey brown on Marchmont road is also recommended for more complex prescriptions

GrooveeCar Fri 29-Apr-16 19:48:39

I've always used boots at the Gyle and Ds has worn glasses since he was 10 months. We had originally been given Jack brown in the centre at Wester Hailes but the optician just had no clue what to do with a baby where as boots were fab.

coffeeCamelCase Sun 01-May-16 15:24:31

Also recommend Cameron Optometry (especially Miss Grandon there).

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now