Heriotts P1 entrance assessment

(4 Posts)
Mumsaboo Mon 23-May-16 21:27:20

My DS has secured a place at Melvilles nursery however he has now been offered a place at George Heriotts which would be my preference.

However, at SM the kids go straight into P1 whereas the kids at GH need to sit a P1 entrance assessment and they say it's competitive.

Is anyone aware of what's involved in this entrance assessment and do you know how many nursery kids actually don't secure a place into P1?

Given that he has secured a place at SM I'm slightly concerned that if we give that up, then he doesn't get in at GH we could be left without him getting a place.

I realise that SM is also a great school but for a number of reasons GH is our preference.

Any help would be appreciated please.

Eman83 Sat 28-May-16 07:14:23

I only noticed this post now so I am sorry if I am too late...
My son is in primary at Heriots and my youngest is starting the nursery meaning he will do the entrance assessment.
It's not as rigorous as I had heard it was previous to starting. All the children in my sons nursery class got through apart from one who chose to leave (so his parents said)
We all love Heriots and have been impressed with how they handle every situation. My son goes to school happy every day!
Good luck with your decision making

Eman83 Sat 28-May-16 07:15:14

Also few free to private message me. I was in he same position as you as I moved my son from anther private school nursery on which he would have a p1 place secured already. I felt like I took a risk, but it was the right choice for us!

Charliebrown27 Sun 05-Jun-16 20:59:06

My dd did the assessment and got a place she didn't go there for nursery, the assessment wasn't onerous. DD was unsettled as she'd never set foot in the school before but it was fine.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now