Double glazing

(6 Posts)
sarelugs Thu 16-Jun-16 22:24:49

Just thrown the 2nd double glazing salesman out.
I am looking for recommendations of local firms who won't come round and talk shite at you for an hour, make up 3 different prices and then try to get you to sign there and then. hmm

Was looking at Invision windows. Anyone heard of them?

Or Edinburgh glass and glazing?

Price is important but not as important as quality, good workmanship and above all not pressure sales.

Aby recommendations or firms to avoid?

badguider Fri 17-Jun-16 09:14:34

Are Edinburgh glazing the ones with office on corstorphine rd near Murrayfield. If so they did ours and were no pressure. Emailed the quote and waited for me to get back to them. Did a great job.

badguider Fri 17-Jun-16 09:16:57

Yes. Looking at their website I think that's right.

We also had fountainbridge glass or similar (based on leith now not fountainbridge) do a no hassle quote.

KingLooieCatz Fri 17-Jun-16 13:26:42

We had Ventrolla put in double glazed sash and case. No hard sell. We didn't get other quotes, as a friend had got loads of quotes and Ventrolla was one of the better ones. Friend was also getting sash and case as well though, and they are so dear some of the companies charge you just to come out for a quote.

sarelugs Fri 17-Jun-16 15:24:51

I am just getting fairly standard DG. Had S&C done before sadly the excelkent company that didthat don't do DG.

Have heard Comely Bank Glazing are goid so will try them and maybe Edinburgh glazing to see how I get on.

I hate the hard sell. It is so offensivesad
So will gladlt hire a company that just give a straight quote and have good recommendations.

GrooveeCar Fri 17-Jun-16 18:31:44

We used Barry Swan who is a joiner. I think he got the windows from MP Windows. Good quality, listened to what we wanted and had the job done in a day and little mess left!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now