Can anyone recommend a Solicitor for Conveyancing?

(12 Posts)
BrainLikeASeive Fri 19-Aug-16 21:25:01

We're moving up from the South and now realise that we can't just call and make an offer on the house we want. We have to find a solicitor to do it for us.

Can anyone recommend a reliable solicitor for conveyancing?
We're buying cash so shouldn't be too complicated...
Naturally want to save as much cash from the legal side as possible.
(I'm such a scratter!)

I won't hold it against you if they turn out to be pants. But if I can find a solicitor through recommendation that would be much more preferable to just googling and hoping for the best.

THANKS !

Buckeyedjim Fri 19-Aug-16 21:58:27

It's going back a few years but we were very happy with the work Warners did for us. Don't know the price though, sorry. I can pm you a name if you'd like, if no one has more recent recommendations.

BrainLikeASeive Sat 20-Aug-16 11:22:51

that'd be great thank you! Turns out the house has artex that might contain asbestos so I need a decent solicitor afterall...

Buckeyedjim Sat 20-Aug-16 11:34:31

Check your inbox smile

GrouchyKiwi Sat 20-Aug-16 12:04:33

Gibson Kerr is a good small firm. Decent prices, good service. We used them for the house we bought last year.

For a bigger firm, Lindsays did well in our recent move. (Not precisely for us as we did a part exchange, but I did have contact with them as they sold our flat after we sold it to the developer we bought our house from.) That was on the selling side, though.

LilyDa Sat 20-Aug-16 14:58:15

Donald Jardine at Blair Cadell is great, was very helpful in our purchase last year

HappyRaRa Sat 20-Aug-16 16:51:30

MHD Law - excellent firm.

irishe Sat 20-Aug-16 20:20:09

Gilson Gray. Used them last year very competively priced and good service.

PentlandView Sat 20-Aug-16 20:20:43

I second Donald Jardine

badguider Sun 21-Aug-16 13:54:35

I've used warners, lints and Anderson Bain over the years. I think Anderson Bain were best. If I remember correctly Lints were cheapest.

BrainLikeASeive Tue 23-Aug-16 03:20:31

Thanks everyone.
Solicitors instructed. Offer accepted!

GrouchyKiwi Tue 23-Aug-16 10:03:51

Congratulations! All the best for your move.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now