Holiday Edinburgh ? North berwick? Leith? Other ideas?

(5 Posts)
frazzled74 Sun 28-Aug-16 14:05:37

I'm after some advice, I'm looking for a holiday for family of 5, no car, travelling from London. What is there to do for dc aged 3, 10 and 13 in North Berwick? We've been to Edinburgh twice and love it but would like to try somewhere else .

Gyderlily Sun 28-Aug-16 16:56:58

North Berwick is beautiful and has a direct train to Edinburgh, however not 100% sure I'd like to be there with no car for any length of time! There is plenty to do if the weather is nice, boat trips, lovely walks, good park, beach with rock pools! If the weather is bad not so much! It has the sea life centre and some nice cafes, neighbouring Dunbar has a good pool but not sure how good the busses are.

frazzled74 Sun 28-Aug-16 17:13:15

Thank you, are there any child friendly restaurants? Takeaways and supermarket?

Gyderlily Sun 28-Aug-16 17:37:27

Yes a small selection of takeaways and all restaurants are child friendly! It's a fairly small town but the station is a bit of a walk (up a steep hill) and the large tesco is up another steep hill but it also has a coop and other small local shops on the high street! Lots of nice delis too! We live in Edinburgh but have had a couple of nice breaks in north Berwick!

frazzled74 Sun 28-Aug-16 17:59:34

Sounds good, thank you. It sounds like it may be a good base. We can have a couple of day trips to Edinburgh if the older dc's get bored.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now