Local Talk

any mums with children at Flora Stevenson's Primary?

(11 Posts)
sofiele Fri 20-Jun-08 20:49:26

Hello, my daughter is due to start P1 at Flora's in August. I'd really welcome some feedback from other mums with children there--the good and the bad, honestly please! I'd rather know what the bad bits are and prepare myself for them than go in expecting a lovely experience and being shocked and upset....thank you...

trinniesmama Fri 20-Jun-08 22:24:33

Sorry I dont know about Floras but wondered if you had checkde out the Scottish care commision , I have been using them for nurseries. It is so stressful making a decision about your child education or care!
Hope you get some helpful replies
TM

tootsmaginty Fri 20-Jun-08 23:55:40

No real feedback on Floras but my son will be starting P1 there in August as well. Most people seem to comment it's meant to be a 'good ' school. So fingers crossed.

waffletrees Fri 27-Jun-08 09:47:07

My DCs don't go there but a few of my friends DCs do. They all report that it is really good. It is also has an amazing music dept. Not sure if that is helpful but good luck.

sofiele Fri 27-Jun-08 11:14:20

Thank you all for feedback. We moved to Edinburgh a year ago and my daughter has not really managed to make friends at her private nursery. I'm quite desperate for her to have playmates, locally if possible, and am putting her into Flora's as a means to achieve that....but I suddenly started to panic about the academic/organisational aspect of the school which I really didn't research very much at all!

Thank you again.

Shitemum Sun 29-Jun-08 21:39:43

Hi, when I was little Flora's had the reputation for being more academic and stuffy than hippy, laid-back Stockbridge (where I went in the 1970's). I am moving back to Edinburgh next year with partner and 2 DDs and am also interested in opinions and experience of these 2 schools.

Also, anyone in the Stockbridge (or central Edinburgh) area who wants to meet up, I will be there for 6 weeks this summer with the DDs (turning 5 and 2 in September)from 22nd july to 2nd sept.

Picnic at the Botanics anyone?

sofiele Mon 30-Jun-08 20:58:53

Hi Shitemum, I'd love to meet up, not sure what protocol is (can I post my number and email on this website?) but we're back from holidays on the 21st so available any time from then!

Shitemum Wed 02-Jul-08 20:53:51

sofiele - I think people usually just choose a place, time and date and see who turns up. I'll post on this thread again once I'm in Edinburgh or we could start a new Edinburgh summer meet-up thread soon!

Did you find out anything else about Flora's?

Shitemum Wed 02-Jul-08 20:54:02

sofiele - I think people usually just choose a place, time and date and see who turns up. I'll post on this thread again once I'm in Edinburgh or we could start a new Edinburgh summer meet-up thread soon!

Did you find out anything else about Flora's?

Shitemum Wed 02-Jul-08 22:01:48

I have posted on this thread to see if anyone else is interested in a daytime meetup with DCs.

sofiele Fri 04-Jul-08 08:30:22

No, only general things, always positive, but so general that it's not that helpful...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now