Local Talk

Recommendations for organic fruit & veg box schemes in Edinburgh?

(5 Posts)
Bellebelle Sun 13-Sep-09 16:34:18

Hi,

A couple of years ago we got a bi-weekly organic fruit & veg box from East Coast organics and I am thinking of starting it up again. Had no problems with them but would be very interested in any other recommendations.

TBH the 'organic' bit isn't that important to me, more the convenience of getting the stuff delivered rather as I already get a big monthly supermarket shop delivered but getting fed up of the constant trips to the supermarket to get fresh stuff every few days.

Thanks

curlyredhead Sun 13-Sep-09 16:38:37

Watching with interest...

mawbroon Sun 13-Sep-09 21:51:19

We used to get one from Damhead organics, but had to stop as it was too dear for us. sad

It was nice though, but the only one we have tried.

OhBuggerandArse Sun 13-Sep-09 22:09:06

We get the East Coast box and I have to say I am underwhelmed - I keep meaning to do something about it but keep not getting around to it. Phantassie are another firm that I was considering trying, but have no inside info on whether they're any better!

knickerelasticjones Mon 14-Sep-09 20:33:45

I get East Coast Organics box and I really like it. They are very efficient to deal with and the fruit / veg is normally great.

It does tend to be quite similar each week though so if you aren't really a fan of cabbage and cauliflower you will struggle in he winter.....

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now