Local Talk

Childcare advice: moving to Chatteris

(5 Posts)
Sarahl78 Mon 05-Sep-11 12:16:22

Hi all,
First up, this is my first ever Mumsnet post so please be kind! Will do my best not to offend!

We are moving from London to Chatteris soon (probably end of September/early October) and I would appreciate any input from people in the area to augment my own research.

I work from home part-time and need to arrange suitable care for my (almost) 20month boy. I'd like somewhere really local (10-15min walk of West Park Street), preferably a small nursery or childminder.

I'm checking out sites like childcare.co.uk and am reviewing Ofsted reports (although this is a challenge as the childminder reports are, understandably, anonymous) but I would really appreciate any thoughts or recommendations from those living in the area. Does anyone have any experience (good, bad or indifferent) of local providers that they would be willing to share?

I'll start contacting my shortlist(once I have one!) as soon as I have a moving date crosses fingers hopefully

Any input would be appreciated. Thanks all!

EauRouge Mon 05-Sep-11 13:05:05

My DDs aren't in childcare but just wanted to say welcome to MN grin I'm not far from Chatteris so let me know if you need any other tips for local services or things to do.

Sarahl78 Mon 05-Sep-11 20:47:16

Thanks! I'll remember you and feel certain I'll need some more local info when we move!

MacBondie Mon 21-May-12 15:17:17

Hi,

I also wanted to add a note to say hi. (My first time on Mumsnet too!)
I'm moving to Chatteris in October.

I'm on maternity leave expecting my 2nd and have a toddler that's just turned 2.

I work full time and need to find nursery's for when I go back to work. Happy to look for places part way between Chatteris and Cambridge (be that Huntingdon, Ely, etc) Any advice on good recommendations would be welcomed.

I would also love to know more about toddler activities in Chatteris. So any thoughts / advice would be welcomed.

besty27 Sat 24-Nov-12 17:06:57

Hi

The Phoenix School Cambridge in Wilingham has a fantastic Early Years provision, nursery age 3 to 5 and Mrs Cooke, a qualified teacher who runs the Early years classes is wonderful. Very family friendly school and close knit parent community. My son has been with the school since 3 and adores it - he never has a bad day and it is sort of en route, parents travel from all over South Cambs to the school. There website is at www.thephoenixschool.co.uk.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now