Local Talk

New to Ely

(4 Posts)
LisaJL Thu 10-May-12 13:28:52

Hello, my husband and I have very recently moved to Ely and have a 29 month old boy and a 14 month old girl. Can anyone recomend any toddler groups or places suitable for me to take both children please?
Thank you!

HannahLI Wed 16-May-12 10:06:17

There are lots of things, the sure start children's centre in high barns do a leaflet you can pick up that lists lots but here are a few:
Monday's - toddler swim at the paradise pool (worth checking there listing on website as to times etc)

Wednesday- toddler rhyme time at the library 10.30 for 18months -3 session
Thursday 9.30am two by two toddler group at the countess free church on chapel street this is a really fun group to go too.
Friday - tumble tots run a session at the lighthouse centre (opposite the countess free church) various times, they are best to contact on their website as they don't always have spaces but they do get people in quite quickly

Also befriend the nct isle of ely group on Facebook as once a month they run a coffee morning (usually the first Friday) bumps babies and beyond at the methodist church (also on chapel street) which is a really good place to meet mums and you can chat too. They also run coffee morning things on a Tuesday and Friday in people's houses across ely.

There is also planet zoom which is in strikes the bowling place by tesco which has a soft play bit in it and I think the sure start run some kind of play session on a Wednesday morning at the scout hut which I have heard people say is quite good who have similar aged children to you.

I hope this helps a bit, we moved to ely in November so feel free to send me a message if you want to meet up for a coffee or a park playdate I have a just 2 year old and a 6 week old. We live up towards st johns school where the park opposite is very good.

LisaJL Wed 06-Jun-12 09:28:38

Hello! Thank you for posting this, apologies I don't know how but I completely missed it!!

Well there seems to be quite a lot to keep my little ones entertained then, I think we'll try the countess free church tomorrow. As much as I love being at home with them they're definitley missing their playdates with their friends especially my 2.5 year old, he gets very excited when he's going to see them.

I hope all is going well with your toddler and new edition and you're managng some sleep - it would be lovley to meet up for a coffee/playdate, shall we pm to arrange?

Thanks again Hannah.

rjq Fri 15-Jun-12 15:04:27

Hi there. My husband and I with our 2 year old daughter, 2 dogs and 2 cats are making the move from Berkshire to Ely at the end of July for my husband's job. I am commuting to London 4 days a week which I am not looking forward to! Can anyone recommend a cleaner near Ely town centre? Mu husband is on daddy day care over the summer so I will pass on all the suggestions of things to do with a toddler to him. Thanks.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now