Local Talk

I have been a bad tsarina

(14 Posts)
Eelpie Mon 28-Jul-08 21:44:06

I have been neglecting you all - very sorry sad

How is everyone? Anyone else been enjoying the river this weekend? We had a lovely couple of days out and about and picniking. DD loves the Summer as she can be naked grin

The newest word is "pddlgpull" i.e paddling pool grin

james79 Sun 03-Aug-08 21:00:40

Hello! yes the summer has been lovely so far, although as i am due in two weeks the heat has begun to get to me...i just move slower! My little girl loves being in the paddling pool too and is looking forward to jumping in mummy's special pool when she's finished with it!! Yes the tarp is out and the birthing pool inflated ready and waiting...argh! People keep saying "You're brave" and then the panic sets in!!
(I'm actually really looking forward to it!!)

Phonicsangel Thu 07-Aug-08 23:14:05

Summer has been lovely so far making the most of the last couple of weeks before my DS starts school sad River has been great for picniking and duck feeding ! James79 hope all goes well for you.. keep us informed.smile

Eelpie Thu 07-Aug-08 23:36:38

james79 - have you got Phillipa doing the HB?

Phonicsangel - Hello! Glad the river is paying for itself!

I went on the riverboat (the one outside the Matlings) the other week it was lovely. Afternoon tea etc. I didn't take DD but I will do next time. I think she does Fridays most weeks, not sure about other days.

Can I also promote the Almonry? We had a lovely afternoon tea there, loads of outside space for DD to run around in and really friendly staff!

james79 Mon 11-Aug-08 09:58:08

Hellooo!!! Baby Jacob arrived at 6.40am on Friday 08.08.08! Still in complete awe, everything went as hoped. We had a lovely waterbirth, at home, in the early hours so my little girl was asleep. Labour was a swift 3 1/2 hrs and just amazing.

Phonicsangel-Thanks for all your support!

Eelpie-No i had a Midwife called Jane, I had never met her before but she was fantastic. The second midwife made it ten minutes after he was born! Not at all worried though as i had my sister (who is a Nurse)there and my very capable Husband!!

We love Peacocks Tea room but i must re-visit the Almonry as i bet the space is great for little ones.

Phonicsangel Mon 11-Aug-08 22:54:24

Big Congratulations to you all .. So pleased your homebirth went well and you enjoyed the experience! Sounded a memorable experience which is lovely . How was your daughter ? i bet she was so over whelmed when she woke up? Hope you are enjoying the first couple of days. smile

I'm not too sure if Phillipa is around at the local surgeries anymore the new one at my local is Lisa (someone) I had Phillipa on both occasions..

Phonicsangel Mon 11-Aug-08 22:54:28

Big Congratulations to you all .. So pleased your homebirth went well and you enjoyed the experience! Sounded a memorable experience which is lovely . How was your daughter ? i bet she was so over whelmed when she woke up? Hope you are enjoying the first couple of days. smile

I'm not too sure if Phillipa is around at the local surgeries anymore the new one at my local is Lisa (someone) I had Phillipa on both occasions..

Eelpie Mon 11-Aug-08 23:01:46

James79 - Wow smile

I missed this before (thanks phonicsangel for bumping). Big Congratulations smile

I am very envy re the home waterbirth. I hope you are all doing well and enjoying family life. Let me know if you want to get out and do a meet up, I can offer lots of cuddles while you play with DD grin

Wierd coincidence - my Sister is a Nurse as well!

Phonicsangel Mon 11-Aug-08 23:22:48

Sorry sometimes happens with me not sure why grin

james79 Thu 14-Aug-08 22:57:40

Thanks all!

Phonicsangel- My daughter has been waiting for the "baby out" for ages and although she was sleepy she was totally in awe of him, she is quite taken with him and is so loving, it's just so lovely to see this new side to her.

Eelpie-yes let's meet that would be fun, do you go to any groups in Ely? We go to one called Ely Elves do you know it?
Does your sister work at Addenbrookes?-mine does.

Eelpie Thu 14-Aug-08 23:06:17

Hello Jame79 - hope DS is being a good boy smile

I have heard of Ely Elves but don't ever make it as I work those days. Yes she works at Addenbrokes! Small world definately smile

I am not doing any groups atm really as most are off for the Summer Hols. We went to a nice one at St Marys Church once or twice before the break - Tuesday mornings I think. Also used to do Little Crawlers at the Library every now and then. We go to the Park behind the pool alot and mooch about the river and cathedral having picnics from the bakery blush We still see alot of my postnatal group as well which is really nice as they are a great bunch!

Tuesdays are good for us if you fancy it. Let me know smile and anyone else?

james79 Fri 15-Aug-08 21:32:15

Next Tuesday we are going to a messy play group in Littleport where i live-have to do the rounds and show off my lovely boy! (very very good thank you!) but will probably go to Ely the following week-i'll let you know and we can make arrangements!

callmeovercautious Fri 15-Aug-08 22:51:26

Let me know - If the weather is nice we can always meet up at a park?

Eelpie Sun 24-Aug-08 23:14:35

Ahh - posted under another name! That was me James grin I have a special Ely name to fit with the atmosphere grin I hope you are coping well and that DS is growing fast smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now