Local Talk

New to Area, please help

(10 Posts)
2plusangels Sat 23-Aug-08 11:10:45

Hello...
wow parents in ely!!!I'm new here in Ely and still sorting things out. mine are 10months and 7yrs with autism. pLease can anyone advise me on how to transfer my DS statement to the new LEA? Many thanks

Eelpie Sun 24-Aug-08 23:12:30

No idea I am afraid but welcome to the area smile

Ask on the SN board as they know lots more then I do!

If it helps our HV tend to be quite nice here. Give them a call and see if they know? What Surgery have you registered with? If you want a named GP don't go for the Cathedral centre (used to be Octagon and the Lantern) we have had no named GP for over 2 years now and it is a pain!

Let me know if you have any local questions, we moved here about 6 years ago so I know most of the area now.

2plusangels Mon 25-Aug-08 21:25:27

Hello Eelpie,
thank you for making contact. Where can I get a list of GP in the area? many thanks

Eelpie Mon 25-Aug-08 23:06:46

Google came up with this link with our post code. If you are in Ely it will be the same.

HTH

PhDiva Thu 04-Sep-08 13:21:28

Hi 2plusangels

Welcome to Ely! It is a good place to bring up kids. We have been here since February, and are happy we came.

hobbity Thu 04-Sep-08 19:14:10

Hiya and welcome to the Fens! We've been here about 1 1/2 years and love it here. I'm registered at the Cathederal Medical Centre and the people up there are great and if you ask the Receptionist they will try to get you in with the person you saw last time, and they are open till 8pm on a Thursday which is handy if you work :-)

james79 Thu 04-Sep-08 22:19:30

Welcome indeedy! We have lived here for 7 ish years...and it has flown by, still discovering new things to see and do. Hope you are settling in well.

2plusangels Wed 10-Sep-08 00:53:07

Hello all,

finally can access my pc....thanks for all your messages.Still got boxes everywhere. Found the Jubilee park round the corner from me and the post office on the high street. visiting a school tomorrow. have to register with a GP soon. Need a health Visitor for my baby. if anyone want to exchange numbers for chat, please let me know. wink

Eelpie Fri 12-Sep-08 21:54:47

If you are registered with the GP they should let the HV know you are new. Otherwise go to the HV office behind the cathedral doctors. It is up at the Princess of Wales Hospital. They have a room for weighing babies on your own or they tend to hang about in an office up the hall.

LEt me know how you get on as I have phone numbers somewhere from when DD was tiny.

MaryBS Sun 05-Oct-08 17:42:21

Welcome! DS was diagnosed with Asperger's last year, and I was diagnosed 2 weeks ago (although I hide it pretty well!).

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now