Local Talk

So the end of Summer is near - Toddler playgroups please?

(8 Posts)
Eelpie Fri 29-Aug-08 23:32:05

What are your plans for entertaining toddlers now then?

It just struck me that soon I won't be letting DD charge about the garden/river/park/cathedral gardens as it will be too cold and wet!

I suspect Costa will kick us out after one too many tantrums; name your favourite toddler groups here and I will make sure they go on the board smile

PhDiva Thu 04-Sep-08 13:19:29

HI

I recommend you go the library, where there is a folder listing all the playgroups. I am just about to start trying them all out, so can't recommend any groups yet. But I can let you know as I try each one!

hobbity Thu 04-Sep-08 19:09:12

Hiya have been off-line recently, too much work There's a publication called the Family Grapevine which has a Cambridge and Ely issue and has a complete list of all the things that are going on on each day of the week. I usually get my copy from the tourist information office of all places, but it also seems to get circulated in Doctors surgeries and other places too.

james79 Thu 04-Sep-08 22:17:07

We like to go to Ely Elves on Tuesday mornings, children can play while i enjoy a latte...other than that tend to go to groups in Littleport where i live or take turns with friends to 'host' play-dates. Agree Costa may ask us soon not to climb on chairs/enter the kitchen/wander into staff. Gosh don't we need a gorgeous place for us yummy mummies and little ones to enjoy?! ahh, lovely clean toys, delicious food and relaxed staff...that would be heaven!

cricky Fri 05-Sep-08 16:14:57

Try Tinderbox Tots in Aldreth on a Tuesday morning. (Aldreth is left at the cross roads in Haddenham - tiny place.)
It is run by one of the pre-school teaching assistants do really top quality!

Phonicsangel Mon 08-Sep-08 22:22:51

Hi.. The lighthouse on weds and thurs morning 9.30 to 11.30 ( i think always get there about 9.30) is great & two by two on a thursday morning 9.15 to 11.15 worth adding to your board .. Very friendly both down Chapel street at the lighthouse centre & two by two at Countess Free Church .

Phonicsangel Mon 08-Sep-08 22:23:00

Hi.. The lighthouse on weds and thurs morning 9.30 to 11.30 ( i think always get there about 9.30) is great & two by two on a thursday morning 9.15 to 11.15 worth adding to your board .. Very friendly both down Chapel street at the lighthouse centre & two by two at Countess Free Church .

Eelpie Fri 12-Sep-08 21:46:17

Thanks everyone smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now