Local Talk

new to Ely!

(6 Posts)
hsw Tue 20-Jan-09 21:27:44

Hi there, just moved to Ely from Kent with my 2 year old and one on the way. Would be grateful for top tips on where to keep him entertained (and away from "helpfully" unpacking boxes..) and any recommendations for outdoor spaces for him to run around in!

MaryBS Brazil Wed 21-Jan-09 08:01:27

Jubilee gardens is always popular, down by the river (but far enough for him not to fall in!).

Planet Zoom for inside soft play.

Welcome to Ely. I live in a village not too far away.

james79 Wed 21-Jan-09 22:17:12

Yes agree MaryBS-it's lovely there especially in the summer. Also good is the play area on Cherry Hill (the backs of Ely) Have fun and welcome!

Eelpie Thu 22-Jan-09 21:35:01

Welcome to Ely smile

There are loads of toddler groups. St Marys Church has one on a Tuesday run by a group of Childminders. £2 for one Child but there are activities and good snacks etc available (and a coffee!). I think it starts at 10am may be slightly earlier but I never get there on time! Similar one on a Friday.

The library is great for LOs too - and there is a directory of groups kept in the childrens library.

Toddler splash at the pool runs 3 times a week, Mon, Wed, Thurs, from 10 - 12 M & W and 11 - 12 Thurs.

I will come back if I think of anymore!

hsw Sun 25-Jan-09 18:52:02

thanks for all your top tips!
am slowly finding my feet - found the library and picked up the grapevine magazine - very helpful for the whats on guide to kids!
might see some of you around but if there are anymore ideas do let me know
cheers!

Eelpie Mon 26-Jan-09 20:32:48

I have just found out the Childminder group I mentioned is having to close due to a lack of volunteers. Some of the ladies that run it are PG/too busy at work sad

Unfortunately I work some Tuesdays so I can't commit. They finish on 31st March but are open until then. I really recommend it.

Perhaps I will see you there?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now