Local Talk

Local antenatal classes not NCT

(10 Posts)
littlebull Fri 17-Aug-12 23:03:03

Hi,

I'm due December 2012 but due to lack of funds, I won't be able to join an NCT antenatal class. We won't qualify for concessions as we are on a Ok income - but all our spare cash is to pay off debts.

Can anyone recommend an alternative - in the Southgate/Enfield/Muswell Hill area?

I'm also looking to join an antenatal yoga class and aqua-natal.

I know there's lots on the web by doing a google search, but would appreciate some feedback or personal recommendations!
Hope to hear from you.

Hoppergrasser Fri 17-Aug-12 23:05:21

Where are you giving birth? Chase Farm run free antenatal classes, BFing workshops etc.

littlebull Mon 20-Aug-12 14:31:39

I've chosen Whittington, I'm registered for the parentcraft class but not sure if this is enough...

MummyYardz Tue 21-Aug-12 22:52:04

Daisy Birthing classes are starting at Mothercare Edmonton in September. They are a combination of antenatal education, pregnancy yoga and relaxation in one class and much cheaper than NCT! Have a look at www.thelazydaisychain.co.uk or contact Mothercare

sleepdodger Tue 21-Aug-12 23:04:42

Would you consider Nct out of area?
I ask as I wasconfused that for the same course I paid £154 and London friend paid £354 hmm

littlebull Tue 21-Aug-12 23:08:11

ooh I'll check out Daisybirthing.
Did think of out of London but I work in Central London and it's not just not feasible for me to go elsewhere...

Bellaboo123 Mon 17-Sep-12 21:24:52

Hi there's pregnancy yoga on a Tuesday evening in grange park right by the station. There is a 6pm class and an 8ish class...google yoga with Jackie...very relaxing!

ImogensMumJess Mon 22-Oct-12 20:33:46

I did yoga with Jackie too, it was relaxing - google jackies yoga north London - there are also classes on Thursdays and Mondays too I think. It was a little cliquie though - I didn't think that you'd meet your mums group there.
I did NCT and would recommend it, we paid £240 for the local course - the main benefit being meeting local mums to be, so I wouldn't recommend doing it out of your area.
I know that the health centre run a course for new parents, they take your info when they do their home visit, but that's after you have the baby....

raeleerose Sat 08-Dec-12 14:21:59

I am due with second in Feb and have done antenatal yoga with Lola during both pregnancies. She was highly recommended to me by a friend. She is very calming and makes you feel like you are in control of things, rather than out of control which is great! It's not just yoga, but valuable information about pregnancy, birth and beyond. She currently runs classes on a Wed evening from 7pm in a venue at the end of Southbury Road, beginning again on 9th Jan. She is very reasonably priced and I would say worth every penny!

Lola Alcaraz-Perez
Tel: 07969 549881
lolaxav@hotmail.co.uk

AnneMarieC Mon 15-Apr-13 19:18:34

check out www.babynatal.co.uk for an alternative - great practical care courses and they do groups so you can meet people - super affordable!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now