Local Talk

Chase Farm Hospital / Maternity unit closing date in 2013?When exactly?

(10 Posts)
Pebble2012 Fri 21-Sep-12 00:21:26

Does anyone know anything about the closing date of Chase Farm?
I would love to give birth there..I am due in April next year.

PseudoBadger Fri 21-Sep-12 08:10:15

I think it might be in the autumn - so around a year from now?

Pebble2012 Fri 21-Sep-12 16:54:09

Thank you. What a shame it is a lovely hospital.
So I could still choose Chase Farm I am just worrying about staff moral, lack of staff due to the changes...
What shall I do shall I stick to North Mid or shall I risk Chase Farm?
What would you do?

PseudoBadger Fri 21-Sep-12 17:16:57

Personally.... I'd stick with Chase Farm over North Midd. But I live in barnet and travelled to the Whittington so what do I know!

Hoppergrasser Sat 22-Sep-12 18:51:39

I would go for Chase Farm, had both my DSes there with no problems.

jubjubbird Tue 02-Oct-12 09:08:06

Have you considered Barnet? I've given birth at both Chase Farm and Barnet and Barnet was far far better than Chase Farm in every way. Highly recommended!

Reenie5 Sat 13-Oct-12 11:45:33

Hi Pebble2012!
Did you decide which hospital you will be going with? Its my first pregnancy and I'm due in may 2012.. The doctor asked me to choose my hospital but I'm so confused!

AmyBaby1 Sun 13-Jan-13 09:01:47

Hi All, I have just found out that I am expecting, went to the drs and was surprised when he asked where have I decided to give birth? I thought I would be given info on my choices first. Anyway I have said Chase farm as its my local hospital however he said I may get transferred to barnet due to closures. (Im due early september) I was wondering the same, when are the closures for Chase farm maternity expected?

TwigletNeedsACoffee Sat 26-Jan-13 14:41:48

I was talking to one of the team midwives from NorthMid yesterday and she said that the new unit there would be up and running in October, thus she expected Chase Farm to close shortly after that.

welshie565 Sun 03-Feb-13 09:53:31

I had my booking appointment yesterday, and was told that Chase Farm is closing in November.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now