Primary Schools - recommendations

(3 Posts)
Superness Thu 21-Jul-16 17:50:15

Hi, I am wondering if anyone has any recent experience of either Grange Park Primary School or Merryhills Primary School in Enfield, EN2? Are you happy with either school? Do you feel there are any particular positives or negatives about either of them? I am thinking of moving my children from one school to the other, its a big decision and was hoping that other peoples experiences might help me! Thanks.

CroqueMadame1 Fri 22-Jul-16 06:45:07

I've heard good things about both but no direct experience. What school are they at now?

Superness Fri 22-Jul-16 19:57:35

They are at Grange Park at the moment and both are very happy there but the school has gone through so many changes since my eldest started, turning from three form to four form, having no head teacher for a year, huge staff turnover (15 in one year I think some of whom were very good and experienced teachers!) and quite a lot of parents are moving their children out. I'm worried about it! Merryhills school seems to have a more established head teacher and less staff turnover. The catchment for Merryhills has shrunk year on year and is getting bigger for Grange Park each year.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now