Local Talk

Anyone fancy a Mid Essex meet up?

(58 Posts)
TsaMidEssex Thu 30-Jun-11 22:04:48

I know that there are quite a few Mid Essex MNers around, but so far we've struggled to meet up.

I was wondering if anybody fancies meeting for a picnic in Central Park in Chelmsford?

We could do a weekday, or a weekend depending on what suits everyone best. It would be lovely if we could arrange it during the summer holiday - which is not far off now.

I'd be bringing my 7yo DD and 3yo DS.

Please let me know what you think.

Bohica Thu 30-Jun-11 22:08:41

Oh, I would be interested in a school holiday meet up & I know another MN'er who would come along.
I'd be bringing my 8y 7y & 3y old girls & my friend would bring her 9y & 7y girls.

We are a bit top heavy on the girl front for your sons though arn't we? smile

TsaMidEssex Thu 30-Jun-11 22:27:11

DS loves girls (thinks his big sister is fab), so he will be more than happy to be allowed to tag around after the girls grin.

Perhaps you and your friend could have a think about dates that would suit you, and we'll see if anyone else joins the thread in the meantime.

Hi, sounds great - I am on maternity leave at the moment so am very flexible with dates and times. I can also bring a boy to balance things out a little grin. I have an 8mo ds.

Bohica Thu 30-Jun-11 22:57:03

I work but I am planning lot's of leave to cover childcae in the holidays so will let you know what dates we are free.

I actually live in South Woodham Ferrers, wher are you TSF?

<<excited>>

In Chelmsford so the location is perfect for me wink

Would it make me sound like a weirdo to say that the thought that the idea of a meet-up with actual real life mn'ers makes me slightly nervous confused

Bohica Thu 30-Jun-11 23:08:29

Nah, it's better this way because we can hide behind bring the children smile

TsaMidEssex Thu 30-Jun-11 23:13:12

Exactly - picnicing with children is an excellent distraction for those awkward lulls in conversation.

8 children and 4 adults is almost a party grin.

Bohica Fri 01-Jul-11 21:45:15

Just thought I'd bump us along for the friday night mums & dads smile

TsaMidEssex Sat 02-Jul-11 11:03:32

Thanks Bohica

liamsdaddy Mon 04-Jul-11 08:22:55

I've got a 2 year old little boy who would probably love to come to a picnic.

TsaMidEssex Mon 04-Jul-11 09:42:22

And we'd love to see him too grin.

Hi Liamsdaddy, would I be right in assuming you are , in fact, a daddy? grin

If so I may bring along my dh as when I finish mat leave we will be sharing care of our ds.

liamsdaddy Mon 04-Jul-11 11:40:38

@TheSnickeringFox
yes that might be a correct assumption - but I'd only be able to come along if the meeting was on the weekend. I'd assume that a weekday would be better since it's usually a lot less busy and much easier to get parked.

Besides I would of though you would all run off screaming at the thought of a few daddies turning up grin

We actually live just across from Coronation Park smile But not so much for the younger children there.

shatteredmumof5 Tue 05-Jul-11 09:37:57

I'd be interested in coming along. I have a 3 (well 4 next week!!) daughter and a 2 year son who would love it. If it's in the holidays though will have to bring along my 7 and 10 year old daughters who I am sure would think I'm nuts meeting a load of 'strangers' smile

TsaMidEssex Tue 05-Jul-11 12:29:52

Shatteredmumof5 -it would be lovely to meet you.
I'll give it another few days to get replies - and then we will have to seriously come up with a date grin.

AGCG Tue 12-Jul-11 19:50:08

Just found this! Any movement on a date/place? I live in Old Moulsham with 9mo son (and dh); would be nervous of but really appreiate an actual meet up with local MNers.

TsaMidEssex Tue 12-Jul-11 21:49:47

Hi AGCG - welcome to the thread.

I've been waiting to see if we got anymore responses from the posts I've been dotting around MN, now I think we need to set a time and date that suits us (and I'll have another shot at publishing it as a done deal).

So - when would suit everybody?
Just to get the ball rolling - how about Monday 25th July or Wednesday 27th July at lunchtime (noon onwards). Meeting near the children's climbing frame in Central Park.

AGCG Wed 13-Jul-11 20:11:09

Thanks TsaMidEssex - I can't do either of those dates, boo - but if there's another one after this please keep me updated!

shatteredmumof5 Thu 14-Jul-11 11:55:06

I wouldnt be able to do the 27th as I work nights and am working the night before!

gillybean2 Thu 14-Jul-11 12:05:01

I'd be interested in coming. I am working some of the holidays so weekends or a monday/friday is better for me, unless it's a week I'm not working of course!.
My ds is 12. He's happy to run round with younger ones and loves having company (only child).

Which is the Central Park? I don't know Chelmsford that well...
I'm guessing it's the one on the other side of the roundabout with the multistory carpark with the undercover market under it (when it's not closed for repairs of course!)?

liamsdaddy Thu 14-Jul-11 12:59:48

@gillybean2 - yes that's the one. It has a nice climbing area and a range of play equipment that covers a wide range of ages. Some of the other parks are more easy to get car parked at but have less equipment. Probably easiest parking near the odeon area.

My DS would be unlikely, he usually goes down for his nap at 1pm so any afternoon slot is always a no-go right now.

gillybean2 Thu 14-Jul-11 17:37:56

I don't have problem with parking as I work near there and have a paid for space I can use in moulsham street. Long as I know when as one of the other ladies parks there when I'm off!
Will have to google maps to see what the best way to get there is though and work out where the entrance is!

TsaMidEssex Thu 14-Jul-11 21:19:27
gillybean2 Fri 15-Jul-11 06:41:55

Excellent. Still no idea how to get in but I figure there must be a way in near teh cricket grounds or the skate park

Do we have a day firmed up yet?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now