Local Talk

Chelmsford Playgroups for 2-3 yr olds

(3 Posts)
liamsdaddy Wed 07-Sep-11 14:06:14

Does anyone know if any of the playgroups around Chelmsford have older children attending? (perhaps 3+ yrs)

Up to now we have mostly been using the free playgroup in Writtle that runs the first and third Wednesdays of the month (it?s a weight clinic on the 2nd and 4th Wednesday). But it seems that my little boy (2 years 4 months) no longer enjoys it because most of the other children there are a bit young for him to interact with.

The other children his age seem to be heading off to pre-school or nursery. Our local pre-school doesn?t take children until the January before they are 3 at the earliest ? which is a good six months away.

Sofiamum Sat 10-Sep-11 22:22:41

have a look on totsdays.net, has a list of all the playgroups in Chelmsford. I used to go with my 2 dds to Christchurch on Thursday afternoons and most kids there were well over two!!! Which is your local pre-school?

liamsdaddy Mon 12-Sep-11 07:51:44

My local pre-school is Rainbow in Chelmer Village. In theory (assuming they have space) he should be able to start next January.

Afternoons are not so good since he still naps occasionally after lunch (much to his mothers relief wink).

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now