Local Talk

Pre schools keeping your childs funding

(3 Posts)
dermo Tue 10-Jul-12 21:33:23

Hi, my daughter started her first pre school in april. I decided after only 6 weeks to take her out as it became quite clear she was not happy there.
I was shocked to be told by the schools manager that they would not be able to transfer my daughters funds to a new provider despite the school being well aware she had not settled there and that I had just been made redundant!
I have since found out it is down to the discretion of the provider which doesn't say much for my childs former nursery. She is now somewhere else and she has settled in straight away although I have had to cover the costs myself and so ive not been able to stretch to 15 hours my daughter is the only one to suffer here.
I think the law has to change and if the money is for the child it should stay with the child.
Has anyone else experienced this?

IsItMeOr Tue 10-Jul-12 23:25:42

Hi, sorry you've had a bumpy start to pre school and about your job.

It's not clear whether you're saying that it's just for the current term that they are keeping the fees - I think that's normal. Also understandable, as the school could well be out of pocket if they had reserved a place for your DD and then couldn't replace her with another child part way through a term.

I would have thought that you should be able to get the grant at your new provider from the start of the next term.

PissyDust Tue 10-Jul-12 23:31:56

This happened to us but only for the rest of the term that we left behind iykwim?.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now