Local Talk

Loughton

(5 Posts)
highworthgirl Tue 06-Aug-13 17:34:10

Hi everyone, we're thinking of moving to Loughton and have been reading up on Primary Schools in the area. Are there any to avoid? My little boy is 6. Thanks

4m4nd4 Tue 06-Aug-13 20:16:42

I don't know Loughton but will have an ask on our Twitter and FB pages for you.

highworthgirl Wed 07-Aug-13 11:22:32

Thanks so much. Any help is most appreciated.

Bridol Mon 02-Sep-13 01:15:53

Hi, I live in Loughton although my son is in senior school now (eek how did that happen, wasn't it only last year he started primary school!)

Dont really know schools to avoid but you can check the Ofstead inspections as several of them have had inspections this year. I know Hereward got an outstanding inspection and there are several christianity based schools if you are into that sort of thing.

Probably I would be looking more at the senior schools if you intend staying put for any length of time. Davenant is good, but you must have 7 years church attendance when you apply to really guarentee getting in. Debden Park is much improved since they got a new head and came out better than Roding Valley imo when I visited them a couple of years ago

verap Thu 10-Oct-13 12:48:31

I live in Loughton, my 4 year old has just started a primary school.

Which area in Loughton are you in? Hereward Primary is supposed to be very good (Outstanding report past two inspections).

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now