train stations where you can get a seat in the morning

(6 Posts)
hg1970 Fri 04-Dec-15 09:28:10

Hi there

I work in London but am thinking of moving out of the city and commuting. I was considering Essex, but if I'm going to commute I want to be able to get a seat on the train. I generally leave between 7.30 and 8.30 in the morning. Can any commuters give me some advice on stations where it's possible to get a seat in the morning rushhour? Any tips much appreciated. Thank you!

CatKirk Fri 04-Dec-15 09:35:15

Either very near the beginning of the line, or somewhere like Romford (or the stop before) where loads of people get off? I used to get a train that had come from essex, only a few stops but spent that whole time in someone's armpit.

mackinnonka Tue 22-Dec-15 14:11:53

Hi hg1970 I am in Wickford which is about 40 mins out from Liverpool street and pretty much always get a seat in the morning (unless there is something silly going on with delays etc). Usually by Billericay/Shenfield area there are fewer seats but you might be able to find the odd one!

I'm not sure what the metro line is like for getting on but I think the journey is longer as it stops more frequently than the 'express' ones.

Hope that helps! Do you have anywhere in mind you are looking to move to?

Bellini239 Sat 30-Jan-16 17:38:02

At that time Buckhurst Hill is fine and on the central line.....

GardenOfEngland Sat 27-Feb-16 22:04:02

i used to live in thurrock and would get a seat on all three mearby stations-- purfleet, chafford, grays

Bunnykins14 Sat 07-May-16 22:42:50

Epping is at the very end of the central line and you should be fine getting a seat at that time in the morning

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now