Secondary school options living in Stansted?

(2 Posts)
MellieD76 Wed 27-Jul-16 20:24:54

Hello, we recently moved to Stansted Mountfitchet after several years abroad. We aren't originally from the area, but chose it because of the commuting possibilities and good schools nearby, among other things. However, I am trying to understand what our options will be for secondary schools (oldest kiddie is nearly 8)... We had thought we could apply for schools in Bishops, but now it doesn't seem so simple. Where do others in Stansted send their DCs to secondary? Thanks...

There was a recent thread in chat about nice places to live near Harlow that had some discussion about schools.

The default school for Stansted is Forest Hall which was in special measures a few years back. I understand there has been a change of leadership team, but I haven't heard any recent reports so can't comment.

Joyce ??? Academy in Newport might be an alternative, as could Birchwood, the community school in Bishops Stortford. For more academic schools in Stortford you would need to check out feeder schools and work out the distance.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now