Local Talk

Parent befriender volunteers needed in Thurrock!

(1 Post)
Shelleyface2face Mon 05-Aug-13 14:36:57

When a parent learns that their child has additional needs they might experience a range of feelings; worry, anxiety and feeling alone. This can make it even harder to know who or where to turn.
If who have experienced this and have come out the other side feeling stronger then we hope you can to join us on Scope’s Face 2 Face service in Thurrock, as a volunteer parent befriender. With you we can make the future a little less scary for other families.
Face 2 Face is a parent befriending service which offers emotional support by matching parents with another parent of a disabled child. All parent volunteers undergo professional training, meet other parent volunteers and are part of positive changes for families in the local Thurrock area. We ask for just one hour’s commitment a week, all expenses will be covered and you will be a valued member of the team.
As Kelly, a Face 2 Face parent in Brighton says: “I find talking to another parent helps on so many different levels. I don’t feel alone anymore and it’s great to talk to parents who understand what I‘m going through.”
If you are interested or someone who might be please call text or email Shelley Johnson, the project coordinator, on 07767111854, shelley.johnson@scope.org.uk, who can tell you more about the service and help you take the next step on the volunteer journey.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now