Local Talk

Devon in the sticks - mid to north. Anybody out there?

(201 Posts)
SuePurblybiltByElves Wed 17-Nov-10 22:30:54

See I know there must be Mnetters around but it seems to be a NM Mafia controlled area grin. I'm about 30 mins north of Okehampton, equal distances from Exeter and Barnstaple. Middle of nowhere but surrounded by villages full of mummies. Some of you must be Mnetters surely?

I do this thread once a year or so and forget it when it drops out of active so do PM me if you're local and willing to out yourself grin

TwentiethCenturyHeffa Wed 17-Nov-10 22:49:40

Hello again grin There must be more of us around here, surely? Lots of the mums in town seem like MNers but I don't want to ask!

SuePurblybiltByElves Thu 18-Nov-10 07:52:35

We will stalk them Twentieth. It would be nice to have a mini meet-up as we're too far from Exeter.

TwentiethCenturyHeffa Thu 18-Nov-10 19:44:27

Bumping for tonight's crowd I'd love to have a mini meet-up out this way, shame that neither of us drive! Maybe I should start talking about Pombears etc at toddler groups and see if anyone bites.

SuePurblybiltByElves Thu 25-Nov-10 19:47:54

There must be someone. I know of one, near Bideford. Are there lots of lurkers from Devon do we think?

If we could get a few together it would be easier to figure out a meet-up wouldn't it?

TwentiethCenturyHeffa Fri 26-Nov-10 10:21:23

Surely people are lurking? We can't be the only ones in this whole area!

Crystylline Mon 13-Dec-10 21:09:54

i'm a north devon lurker!

TwentiethCenturyChristmasCarol Wed 15-Dec-10 08:49:12

Hello Crystylline! Wow, there's 3 of us now then I'm in Okehampton (so not quite north I guess).

Crystylline Thu 16-Dec-10 21:43:40

north enough, compared to exeter or plymouth!

nice to meet you both!

SuePurblybiltbyElves Thu 16-Dec-10 21:48:11

Hello Crystylline. Roughly where are you?

It would be so nice to have Mnetters for a meet - Exeter and Bristol are obviously too far. We may not have the posh caffs but we have wellies.

TwentiethCenturyChristmasCarol Fri 17-Dec-10 08:58:23

It'd be great to be able to have a meet sometime, I wonder if some people have the 'local' section hidden?

Do you both have snow as well? There's a nice covering in Oke and apparently it's snowing all day (although blue sky atm so I'm not convinced).

SuePurblybiltbyElves Fri 17-Dec-10 09:00:18

Yes to snow (I haunt the weather topic like a thing obsessed). Oke is down for another good bit this morning and light showers this avo. But if you look at the more detailed maps, a lot of the clouds miss me today sad
Still hoping!

TwentiethCenturyChristmasCarol Fri 17-Dec-10 09:04:34

Me too I'm obsessed with getting more snow, I'd love a good white Christmas (grew up near Exeter so never had one). DD is very into snowmen so I'm hoping for enough to build her one. Hope the clouds don't miss you and you get plenty.

SuePurblybiltbyElves Fri 17-Dec-10 09:09:21

Why thank you smile. Hope so too, we generally do get plenty - drove to Torrington last time and there wasn't a flake there, we looked very odd turning up with a white-covered car and snow boots!

Hello, Barnstaple Mumsnetter signing in - I never spotted this thread until Sue pointed the way!

SuePurblybiltbyElves Sat 18-Dec-10 00:09:14

Huzzah! More normal people. That makes four.

Crystylline Sat 18-Dec-10 08:28:42

hi all,

we're multiplying!

I'm between Oke and Torrington - middle of nowhere land.

It's so snowy this morning. over a foot out there and mist everywhere. completely beautiful.

just hoping that bump doesn't decide to make an early appearance and hangs in there until January (as he's supposed to!).

SuePurblybiltbyElves Sat 18-Dec-10 08:59:13

You must be very close to me Crystylline. Mega snow here too, off to sledge to the shop!

TwentiethCenturyChristmasCarol Sat 18-Dec-10 12:25:43

Yay, more of us If we keep the thread bumped a couple more might appear.

Loads of snow here, it's gorgeous. Very sunny as well, hoping it doesn't all melt. Apparently lots more tomorrow night.

My DSis lives between Oke and Torrington as well (Ashreigney) and my parents are in Winkleigh.

kennythekangaroo Sat 18-Dec-10 12:32:30

Mid Devon lurker here - off sledging this afternoon hurrah!

theagedparent Sat 18-Dec-10 12:37:50

I'm here in Mid Devon too x

SuePurblybiltbyElves Sat 18-Dec-10 13:44:30

Wow, lots of us. A late surge grin

TwentiethCenturyChristmasCarol Sat 18-Dec-10 14:38:59

Six of us now, brilliant grin

Crystylline Sat 18-Dec-10 15:16:44

just had a lovely walk into the village for a drink and food in the pub.

now for a sofa nap...

it's so pretty out there, but would not want to be driving at all.

TwentiethCenturyChristmasCarol Sun 19-Dec-10 18:51:31

Apparently more snow this evening, so fingers crossed! It's still so beautiful out there, we went on the Dartmoor Railway this afternoon and the views were stunning.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now